Doesn't rise the 'Dark Knight' trilogy but good

Posted : 1 month, 2 weeks ago on 12 July 2014 06:58

'The Dark Knight Rises' is the final movie in Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight' trilogy. It doesn't rise the 'Dark Knight' trilogy but I still think it is worth seeing.

The first 35 minutes are boring, the rest of it is brilliant! And the ending of Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) being presumed dead is amazing and how Alfred (Michael Caine) witnesses him with Selina (Anne Hathaway)

The movie is however, not the same limit as 'Batman Begins' or 'The Dark Knight' and is slightly disappointing. Still the cast is amazing, the visual effects are cutting edge, etc.

Not good enough

Posted : 4 months, 3 weeks ago on 3 April 2014 10:10

i actually felt manipulated after watching this movie because there is so little sense that this movie makes
and there is so many technical errors that leaves you scratching your head.
and i know that the music were good and there are some epic scenes like the one with kidnapping the scientist from the plane but these mistakes simply destroyed the movie entirely such as :
Wayne escape from a hole in Istanbul and next thing you know he show up at Gotham city with no torture remarks on his face or body.
the guy with the patch on his eye in the hole with Wayne never speaks English until the last scene
the fact that Wayne shows up at Gotham just when Selina was saving a kid and returning his apple AND WHY DID SHE BITE THAT APPLE BEFORE GIVING IT BACK
also the fight scene between Batman and Bane when they through all their weapons and start a hand fight REALLY ?
how come someone can steal a money from the stock exchange using an Ipad with an adapter
and the last scene when batman escaped from a nuclear holocaust makes the movie so much worse
also the fact that the bad guy was around you all the time shows a lack of imagination and destroyed the story for good.
so in the end i think that the only way that you can enjoy this movie is by being a die-hard fan to the series who don't pay attention to details or not trying to seek sense in the story.

Posted : 5 months ago on 27 March 2014 10:03

Worst movie I ever seen. Christopher Nolan is the new Ed Wood. The only difference is the budget :-S

Posted : 7 months, 1 week ago on 19 January 2014 12:12

This conclusion blew me away to a satisfying ending. I couldn't get enough of this monstrous film! So much drama, high-scale action, and density.

Posted : 1 year, 4 months ago on 9 April 2013 12:04

finally , the end of trilogy - but moulded to invincible perfection! Every single part of this trio is masterpiece ! This is superb end to unmatched direction, acting, n what not !
Its Masterpiece at best by master Nolan :-)

Posted : 1 year, 5 months ago on 18 March 2013 07:08

Definitely a tidy end to the Nolan Batman trilogy. This film kept up the same energy as "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". Special kudos to the character of Selina (Anne Hathaway) for carrying the emotional weight of the film. Otherwise, I found most all the characters fairly dry and uninteresting. I don't know if it's a coincidence that I found that a later 20-something hot, beautiful actress was the saving grace of the film. Maybe it's just my desire? I dunno. If you can stomach a 7+ hour movie marathon, the three films together would probably be the best way to enjoy the experience.

Posted : 1 year, 7 months ago on 13 January 2013 09:55

I would preface this review by saying that I am not really that into Batman movies, nor am I really into any of the other superhero movies. I have seen a few of the previous Batman movies and I rented this movie to see if it was worth all of the hoopla it received when it was in theaters. I am sure if I was into the whole Batman/superhero thing, this movie would have been a lot better, but I thought this movie was on the rather boring side. I nearly fell asleep three or four times watching this movie. At roughly 2 hours and 45 minutes, this movie was probably about an hour longer than I typically like to spend watching a movie.

Posted : 1 year, 7 months ago on 1 January 2013 01:15

It really is an amazing spectacle, so well put together, acted, everything. Not sure who steals the show for me, its a tough call between Bane and Catwoman. Such a good film, a great way to finish the trilogy, which I would recommend to anyone, (who somehow!), hasn't seen it! Packed full of action with a quality storyline!

Bluray review

Posted : 1 year, 8 months ago on 3 December 2012 08:50

(some spoilers ahead)

The Dark Knight Trilogy is something special in terms of blockbuster films today. Not only it is entertaining and epic, it was complex, realistic and intelligent and challenged how the general audience thinks whenever watching films. The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting ending to this revered trilogy. While I don't think it's as good as the masterpiece that is The Dark Knight, it is still a really great film. From its complex story and monumental production value, this is a high class film. Now that it's out on Bluray and DVD, is it worth the money to buy?

Rises starts off eight years later after Harvey Dent's death in The Dark Knight. Gotham has been at peace with little to no crime but the cause of it is based off a lie. Bruce Wayne is now a shut but still desires to be Batman, even if the city doesn't need him anymore. After a mercenary called Bane terrorises Gotham, Bruce becomes Batman again to stop him. I've already said that this is a great film so I'm not going to sugar coat it, giving it more praise but instead pointing out its faults. Rises had a lot of weight of hype and anticipation to carry as its predecessor was an enormous success and is considered a blockbuster masterpiece, setting the standards for super hero films and big budget films in general. While it does live up to the hype to an extent, it unfortunately doesn't have much of the complexity and suspense that The Dark Knight did so great. It instead went back to the similar plot Batman Begins had so it does feel like a retread if your expecting something different, like how The Dark Knight was so different from Batman Begins. The film has so many characters adding to the 2+ hour runtime, it gets quite bloated at some points. Thankfully, it does pick up in the second half. There are also some questionable plot points and while they are acceptable, it is still easy to ponder of. Oh and a little warning, be ready for Bane's voice as it is ridiculously loud and if your sound system isn't good enough, it will crackle.

Rises is definitely a Bluray purchase as the film looks crisp and sharp. My only tiny problem is that it keeps changing format sporadically throughout. One moment its in 16:9 then widescreen in the next and I don't know why it does that but you get used to it quite easily. But the main reason to get the Bluray is its staggeringly impressive bonus features, chock full of behind the scenes and making of. The behind the scenes are the highlights, showing how impressive and painstakingly grand the production is and how they develop the story and its characters. It shows you how they made the set pieces, detail by detail, from the plane stunt at the beginning to how they made "The Bat" fly and they talk about how Rises connects with its predecessors in addition to very interesting commentaries from Nolan, the cast and the crew.

Why do we fall?

Posted : 1 year, 11 months ago on 10 September 2012 02:48

"I see a beautiful city and a brilliant people rising from this abyss. I see the lives for which I lay down my life, peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy. I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence. It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."

Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.

Christian Bale: Bruce Wayne

The trader states, "This is a stock exchange. There's no money for you to steal!"
While Bane coolly, resolutely responds, "Brother. Then why are you people here?"
The beauty is we can relate to many of the issues and problems within the story and this complex reality mirroring our own.
The Dark Knight Rises from legendary visionary Christopher Nolan succeeds in being a multifaceted epic piece which isn't just a dark, gritty graphic novel in the same vein as Frank Miller's books. It is a reminder about the problems we face in our World ranging from class struggle, greed and money, economics, politics... while the innocent are tainted by these factors with the label: Criminality... Then how we live our lives is ultimately engulfed within lies and decadence that surmount to our system of bondage. Truth is sacrificed because it is easier and cleaner to live a lie. The Batman has become the true vigilante because he wants Gotham to survive, he chooses the lesser of two evils... But The Dark Knight Rises asks us: At what cost?

The cast from The Dark Knight Rises is a sublime assemble with a few particulars whom shine and stand out. We have the old favourites: Micheal Caine and Morgan Freeman. Christian Bale as our dark vigilante and Bruce Wayne yet again.
Anne Hathaway as Selina with her Catwoman dual identity marks a memorable, sexy femme fatale professional thief. She perfectly captures and steals the audience with her curvy, seductive costume and her magnetic, unpredictable personality. Anne Hathaway makes her character truly believable and... adaptable indeed.
The antagonist of this piece Bane, played by an unrecognisable Tom Hardy, is another jewel in the crown. He is often seen as a stereotypical villain, yet also there are times where most of us can agree with his convictions and his views regarding the corruption and decadence which is spreading from a system and place rotten to the core in all fields: Whether it is a question of morality or economics, lies or truth.
His mask and physical appearance portray a powerful, muscular figure matched by an angry, extremely radical mentality wherein he knows what his goals are, he knows what his aims and objectives are... And he is the radical extremist whom is willing to carry out those revolutionary visions belonging to the group he is affiliated with.
As Bane makes his speech to the city we intently listen: "We take Gotham from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you... the people. Gotham is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming Blackgate, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For and army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great city... it will endure. Gotham will survive!" He is becoming a revolutionary propagandist setting up his own lie before destroying it all. As the plot progresses we are given another question: Who is serving whom?
Cleverly, Bane is a complex and epic character who emulates the perfect mysterious leader and prophet like character: Ra's Al Ghul. Played by Liam Neeson in Batman Begins, he makes a welcome cameo in this third instalment.
Bane cannot be controlled by money, or intimidation, or anything or anyone: He is dedicated and driven. In those ways I find his character refreshing and inspirational.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
...The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!
...Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first...
Your spirit, or your body?"

Upon reflection, and on a personal note, I found the love element, which presents a problem and conflict for Bruce Wayne to be distantly similar. I could relate to pain and suffering because some of us have had to deal with losing someone, with loss or heart ache. That point where we think we will never meet anyone else because that person we lost was the only person... That we would love for life. Like Bruce Wayne we cannot see at that point in time ever being able to establish that deeper connection ever again.
So when the audience, for example, sees that emotional scene with Alfred and Bruce having a heart felt conversation...

Alfred: [about Selina Kyle] You two should exchange notes over coffee.
Bruce Wayne: So now you're trying to set me up with a jewel thief?
Alfred: At this point, I'd set you up with a chimpanzee if it'd brought you back to the world!
Bruce Wayne: There's nothing out there for me.
Alfred: And that's the problem. You hung up your cape and your cowl, but you didn't move on, you never went to find a life, to find someone...
Bruce Wayne: Alfred... I did find someone.
Alfred: I know, and you lost her. But that's all part of living, sir. But you're not living. You're just waiting, hoping for things to go bad again.

When I listened to that you realise some of us can relate to this in so many ways: It's a painful reminder yet it is a hard lesson for those of us who find it difficult to let go because something or someone meant so much to us it takes a long time for change to come, to adjust to a life without them there. How can we live if we can't move on? The answer is we can't function, we can't live... It is hell. But we can overcome this ourselves, on our own. Then we are stronger for it.

The Dark Knight Rises is another unique masterpiece birthed from one of my personal favourites: Christopher Nolan. The inspirational legendary director seems to tap into what life is about, everytime he constructs and unleashes a story or film it concludes in being a puzzle. A puzzle full of twists, turns and perfected storytelling, where we are not just entertained, not just stimulated but made to think and indeed, he cleverly gives the mind lots to be inspired by regarding intellectual nourishment.
When we arrive at the end of The Dark Knight Rises it isn't the same as when we begun, nor was it what we expected. It is a beautiful example of love, light and hope.
The end shows us one person can make a difference. That happy endings do exist. That truth can triumph over falseness. Where light can triumph over darkness and where good and evil are clearly defined.
The Batman is a symbol and idea which isn't just restricted to one man. Like the phoenix rising and being reborn from the ashes so is a new hero rising within the darkness with water falling. A rising sun showing light will have its day... Or indeed Knight.

"Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody understands, for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can't do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It's like putting on a mask."

« Prev12 3 Next »