Great but not Masterpiece!!

Posted : 1 year ago on 10 June 2016 05:05

NOVEMBER 30TH, 2014

The classic , perfect movie that I've ever seen , the best film of all time just behind Shawshank Redemption . I love the music in this film , so dark and short but perfect , I'm crazy with that music . Don Vito Corleone was a powerful man with the big system in Mafia . Shortly he would die , he lived like a normal man , no revenge , no attack , just enjoy with his children . His son - Michael Corleone , was just a normal and simple man , and he didn't want he would be like his father . But the death of his first wife , his older brother and his father made him would be a bad guy with an enormous revenge . After Don's death , he's killed people who cause their death . From a simple man , he would be a powerful man like his father .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECEMBER 19TH, 2015

One of the greatest movie of all time.

The Godfather shown the life of mafia family, Corleone when they must face the death of the members of the family, the betrayal, love and money... And the film shown the greatest cast: Marlon Brando- one of the greatest actor of the golden age of Hollywood and won 2 Oscar, included the acting in this film; Al Pacino, new actor of that time and became one of the greatest actor in the New Hollywood era; James Caan; Robert Duvall & Diane Keaton.

Scary and yet well written!

Posted : 2 years, 9 months ago on 1 September 2014 06:14

'The Godfather' is scary and yet well written! It's not the best movie I've seen but it's very close! Marlon Brando and Al Pacino are great in the leading roles, the script and plot are pretty good as is the direction! One of the best movies out there!

Posted : 3 years, 5 months ago on 18 January 2014 08:53

Flawlessly told starting from the most perfect opening scene I have seen in any film! Acting was perfect with incredible pacing.

A great classic

Posted : 4 years ago on 6 June 2013 03:56

Even though some people believe this movie doesn't deserve so much praise, you can't possibly deny his huge impact on motion picture history. Basically, it is one of those flicks that you could/should watch every 10 years. Indeed, the first time I watched it, I was about 16 years old and, of course, I had some huge expectations and, to be honest, I thought it was slightly disappointing. Indeed, even though I did like it, it didn't really grab me like, for example, 'Goodfellas' did. The point is that Scorsese's masterpiece is full of energy, wildly entertaining, pretty much in-your-face and really accessible for younger viewers. Coppola's masterpiece, on the other hand, is a total different kind of ball game. Indeed, it is really subtle, quiet, slow paced, really meditative and, quite frankly, it went over my head when I was younger. So, I re-watched it, 10 years later, with my wife and this time, I was really blown away by the whole thing. Indeed, this time, I was able to appreciate this masterpiece in all its perfection. Whereas 'Goodfellas' was basically shouting at me about its awesomeness, this movie was actually whispering about its greatness and I wasn't able to hear it the first time around. Basically, the story was just spellbinding, the cast was great and Coppola was absolutely on top of his game (this guy basically ruled the 70's anyway). To conclude, it deserves all the praises it has received, it is a great masterpiece and it is a must-see for any decent movie lover.

Posted : 4 years ago on 30 May 2013 09:49

All the power on earth can't change destiny. Fanpop quiz: What movie : "All the power on earth can't change destiny" ? - See if you can answer this Movies trivia question!

Posted : 4 years, 5 months ago on 2 January 2013 06:07

My review , the most possibly honest review I could ever add, would never be honest enough to the immensity of talent that built this masterpiece. If you ever find this movie boring or uninteresting, please reconsider your concepts about cinema .

Posted : 5 years, 3 months ago on 19 March 2012 05:45

What do you get when you mix a few oranges and a few great actors? You get The Godfather. The God among insects. The Lord of the flies. The king of kings. When Francis Ford Coppola took on this once-in-a-lifetime job, he knew exactly what he was getting into and delivered exactly what he promised. Considered as the greatest mob film ever made and subsequently the greatest film ever, one cannot fail to see why. The storyline is perfect, the performances are miles beyond and the mood, especially that, is perfectly captured and is actually more nittier & grittier than it is on the surface. Everything has been said about this film and my review would only seem another "been there, done that" but I'm still gonna ramble on. This is cinema at its summit. Such dignity, such power, such awesomeness, it can only be The Godfather and, to an even greater extend, Ben-Hur, the only film I consider better than this one. Surprised? Hate to tell you this but I'm kinda tired seeing The Godfather hog the No. 1 spotlight while Ben-Hur virtually gets ignored by the higher critics and almost every Listal member here. I personally think Ben-Hur is times better but that's just my personal opinion. So, this film is officially No. 2 in my book. HA! suck on that, wimps!

Overall, this is one of the few films you have to watch nomadder what condition you're in. Sick in bed? I don't care. In a coma? I don't care. Stranded in the middle of the f*** desert? I friggin' don't care... WATCH!

10/10

Italians Kill Each Other Hardcore

Posted : 5 years, 7 months ago on 24 November 2011 05:49

I used to think this movie was really really awesome, but I'm finding that I can't really figure out why that was anymore.

I've actually gotten to the point where my favorite character is probably, kinda, you know.....Kay Adams. So, I guess that gives you an idea of just how much I've fallen off the Godfather bandwagon.

For shits and giggles, I wonder, do the goombahs hate her because (a) she's an Anglo, (b) she's a woman, (c) she's someone who doesn't like violence, or (d) all the above.

I'm guessing, they basically just hate everything about her.

"Eh, I'm gonna go buy some fruit."

Oh well. I least I still think "The Departed" is pretty fucking awesome.

.....

I mean, it's not the easiest thing to explain, but....

I did go through this phase where I was like, The Godfather is fucking awesome! But then one day I basically sorta woke up and said, Woh, shit, this film glorifies crime and violence, doesn't it! (And no wonder my Italian friend gave me a dirty look when I said that I liked this movie!)

Although I do have this really funny memory, (do you know, one of those stories where you honestly can't remember if you've told it a hundred times, or if you only think that you have?), about how my friend and I randomly tuned in to this movie at some random point in the middle, and he said something like, Isn't this supposed to be one of the greatest movies of all time?

But, anyway.

And-- "speak softly love so none can hear us but the sky"? Is *that* the theme for *Teh Godfadda*? *crazy face*

I mean, at least the Dropkick Murpheys song from "The Departed" fucking fits into the theme, right.

So....

Just go, slowly, kids, go slow-- andante. Andante, no, slower-- adagio.

Adagio.

Take it easy.

....

And, you know, if Juan Magan forgets what his last name is, he has it tattooed on his forearm. *respect*

Leave the gun, take the tickets.

(rather loud) Electro Latino.

~ Ay ay ay, ay ay ay. Ven bailar conmigo; tu no bailes sola.

{Oh. Reto. 'El reto latino'. *nods* Right.... Is that it?}

"If I had any idea who Will.i.am is, I would be really psyched right now."

"It's one way, man! It's always been one way."

And you have to respect a man with a name like Don Omar....

But, you know, once I was watching this thing, and the guy was describing all the romantic chivalry crap of the air war in WWI, so he said-- Basically, it was about sneaking up behind someone, and shooting him in the back.

But where's the respect in that?

Ay ay ay, ay ay ay.

....

I mean-- George W. Bush: great president, or greatest president?

Because the whole thing is basically just a fancy way of saying, 'I don't believe in America.' (Or restaurants.)

And, you know, what movies were there, before 1980, at least, anyway? "Broken Blossoms" (1919, 1936)?

.... All that I can say is that Tony Tanner looks pretty damn good compared to Gerry Adams or Marlon Brando.

(6/10)

Posted : 6 years, 3 months ago on 6 March 2011 03:19

"Godfather" by Francis Ford Coppola is without doubt one of the best movies in the history of the world cinema.Inside from the conflicts of the Mafia families for dominance and therefore the pursuit of power, the film shows the relationship between the families and their thirst for absolute power, sovereignty and crime and present a global phenomenon.Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) remained as a symbol of sublime domination, respect and absolute power affected aesthetically unique all post-production issue with the mafia.

The film describes the lives of family members of the Mafia, with a particular interest, in addition to the unsurpassed natural physiognomy of godfather, presents the youngest son as a man with ideals and values, and his slowly transformation into ruthless mob boss, after renounces Eventually all of what he lived to become the successor to the leader of familias.But these developments, the happening, place in a staged an excellent environment: an amazing atmosphere in which it has transferred successfully climate,perceptions prevailing on the Italian Mafia families.

As far as the style of movie ripping Leave age.F.F. Coppola directs brilliant actors and the result is:amazing performance of actors over a deep and vivid characters, each with its own strengths and defects occupying the film.A masterpiecing direction, indicative of excellent binder for example, hatched their recall scenes such as the near-assassination of the Godfather that have passed the time.Director himself would become famous for its masterpieces of distant screens and for shots from within the film is based.The amazing script is based in the novel of Mario Puzzo.

Posted : 6 years, 6 months ago on 19 December 2010 09:09

O melhor filme da história do cinema. Atuação épica de Marlon Brando, que serve até hoje como modelo para os filmes sobre a máfia. Al Pacino, James Caan e Robert Duvall com atuações soberbas, num magnífico roteiro de Mario Puzio, considerado por muitos como um dos melhores roteiros de sempre. A melhor trilha sonora e uma das melhores direções de toda a história da sétima arte fazem deste filme um clássico imperdível e candidato irrevogável a melhor filme de todos os tempos. Nota 10 com louvor!

« Prev12 Next »