Posted : 3 years ago on 19 October 2014 10:26

Day Eighteen // 31 Day Horror Challenge

Well this was quite something. It was very good and amazing back in the day and it still is and that's a good thing because this was scary in most aspects but again I never seem to take the scariness to heart, and it makes me watching it a little easier because I felt comfortable while watching the awkward scenes and everything. Pretty good.

Posted : 4 years, 6 months ago on 20 April 2013 08:11

We are without any doubt to the terrifying masterpiece of the genre, perhaps because the protagonist of the film is the same fear, the cause of evil, the fear, the devil. Based on a novel, based on true events, by William Peter Blatty, William Fredelink makes all a reflection of a theme that is and inherently difficult to raise and bring to the screen, but it gets Fredelink without falling too free exhibitionism.
We must highlight a cast of actors which are all superb, first Max Von Sydon who plays his character with almost startling reality. A Ellen Brustin this undoubtedly one of his best performances. A Jason Millar on the skin of a very complex and difficult to interpret. And Linda Blair, which I would say he did here the only good part of all his movies to come.
I think the film gives us a very accurate, theologically speaking, than it is an exorcism and what is a possession. For example indications Father Merrin doing before exorcism are very correct to the original ritual, "it is important to avoid dialogue with the devil, is a liar, and lies mixed with truths to attack, his attack is psychological Damian and very strong, so do not listen to him. "
It is a film that raises the issue of evil with a seriousness and theological correctness which is unusual in this genre which tends to fantasize. It is total agreement presenting the devil as the father of lies and is correct as we are presented the way they act, using people through obsession and manipulating memories and feelings of others to harm or deceive.
In the edition of the "Director's Cut", which I must say that the dub that got lost enough quality with respect to previous scenes are included, among others, very significant, such as when sitting rest Merrin and Karras Merrin on the stairs and in the key given in relation to the target of evil; "what you want is that despair, that we see ourselves as animals, we lose faith in the possibility that God could love us."
It is also worth noting the soundtrack and scenery that are portentous and provide a climate of fear like you've never seen. Definitely a masterpiece that gives us the right way and the wrong item of

Posted : 4 years, 6 months ago on 20 April 2013 08:10

Pazuzu is king of the demons of the wind, son of god Hanbi in Sumerian mythology, Assyrian and Akkadian. To the Sumerians, also represented the southwestern wind, bringing storms, and the bringer of pestilence and plagues, of delirium and fever.
He is often represented with the body of man or dog lion's head, goat's horns on his forehead, bird claws instead of feet, two pairs of wings of an eagle, tail of a scorpion and snake-shaped penis. It is also often shown with the palm of the right hand up and left down. This hand position symbolizes life and death, or the creation and destruction.
In ancient Sumerian civilization Pazuzu was one of the Seven Evil Demons, and was summoned to return to the underworld did other evil demons. Although Pazuzu in principle be an evil, was not altogether hostile to man, as his image was used in amulets to ward off enemy Lamashtu his consort, a female demon that fed newborns and their mothers. This amulet was placed in both the mother, leading to the neck, as in the child, while larger ones were placed on them on a wall.
Pazuzu is king of the demons of the wind, son of god in Sumerian mythology Hanbi, Assyrian and Akkadian. To the Sumerians, Also Represented the southwestern wind, bringing storms, and the bringer of pestilence and plagues, of delirium and fever.
He is Often Represented With The body of man or dog lion's head, goat's horns on his forehead, bird claws instead of feet, two pairs of wings of an eagle, tail of a scorpion and snake-shaped penis. It is shown Also Often With The palm of the right hand up and left down. This hand position Symbolizes life and death, or the creation and destruction.
In ancient Sumerian civilization Pazuzu was one of the Seven Evil Demons, and was Summoned to return to the underworld did other evil demons. Although Pazuzu in principle be an evil, was not altogether hostile to man, as his image was used in amulets to ward off enemy Lamashtu his consort, a female demon That fed newborns and Their mothers. This amulet was Placed in Both the mother, leading to the neck, as in the child, while larger ones were Placed on them on a wall.
the question is who makes a wind demon, required to hold people on earth, the answer is sencialla, condemned him as a traitor Satan like many fighting ancient demons before him, but pazuzu not completely lost their powers and is still willing to fight

The need to recover some of his powers, making ahcerse with souls, is a bit complicated but it is as if the energy {ia vital to keep it alive other

Monsters Mash #39 The Exorcist

Posted : 5 years ago on 18 October 2012 02:20

It's time for some Monsters Mash and our monster of the day is a little girl possessed by the devil I did say horror movies had a lot of balls but this one is sure balls to the walls shear terror of vomiting inducing stuff by all definition this is a true horror movie but for a genre that doesn't get a lot of respect this one is considered a film legend it one some golden globe and oscar and all that $#^% and is always referred as the scariest movie off all time you may or may not agree but back in 1973 there's no comparison it some freaky deaky $#^% the special effect are a real show stopper and I can't show you the best of them because it get so graphic I might be crossing the line here and might spoil the movie. The fogginess in the movie that would have all been CGI but it was really that cold, One of the best scene is the opening you can tell something bad is happening, the did justice by grossing out it's audience but does it effect you in a deeper way do you believe in the devil? it one of the scariest movie of all time and if you don't agree well when that face come into your dreams you'll know what i'm talking about .

Posted : 6 years, 1 month ago on 31 August 2011 12:28

One of the few horror films that still make me afraid. Some scenes are bone-chilling! Magnificent performances, excellent special effects (even today because nowadays everything is based on the CGI), interesting story, screenplay and a fabulous voice acting superb from the wonderful Mercedes McCambridge as the voice of the devil. What strikes me most in this movie is not the horror of the possession of a child of 12 years but the fear of a mother who desperately tries to find a solution to save her daughter. The performance of Ellen Burstyn is simply heavenly. She got through all the despair of the character. Rare to see a horror movie with a performance like hers. Linda Blair also devastating in her operations. This film, regardless of whether or not original is so good it managed to make the Academy (which clearly leaves no room for horror movies) plunged and made it being indicated along with some number of Oscars. This really is a fact that should be taken into consideration.

Posted : 6 years, 4 months ago on 8 June 2011 11:28

A full-blooded psychological horror that is still shocking today. Watching sweet girl Regan turn into the foul-mouthed twisty-headed demon still sends shivers down even the most hardened of spines.

The key element to the success of The Exorcist is the religious dialogue present throughout the film. Watching Father Karras mourn his own mother and battle with a crisis of faith is unendingly more fascinating that the supposed possession, with the latter happily serving up material for the former to explore.

Of course, the possession itself is riveting and, in the most literal sense of the word, horrific. Linda Blair’s performance is so immaculate that it is easy to forget that there is a young girl of 13 acting beneath all that make-up and dubbed voices.
And what a voice. The deep, multi-layered growl is haunting and disturbing, adding extra fear into the scenes, leaving a distinct impression long after the film has ended.

Despite its age, The Exorcist has proved to be timeless in its power. We can joke about the dodgy fashions or the décor on display but the issues within the film are timeless, and no other supernatural film before or since has rivalled its authority as a pinnacle of the genre.

Posted : 6 years, 7 months ago on 6 March 2011 04:41

In 1972 the officers of Warner Bros decided to turn to film his book William Peter Blatty "Ôhe Exorcist". Ystera the refusal of Stanley Kubrick and John Boorman, the director takes a young man who finally started to become known after the successful (artistic and commercial) of Ôhe French Connection. O William Friedkin thus having the full support of the same author (who has adapted the script) and a multi-talented cast at the disposal of (Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow, Jason Miller, Linda Blair), failed to establish that even now called "The SCARIEST film of all time."

In the first part we have to do more with a psychological thriller, and perhaps most shocking is the process of exorcism that follows the second (which today may seem a little quaint in places because of outdated effects). The Friedkin creates a haunting backdrop reminiscent electrifying atmosphere before the storm. Constantly playing with the nerves of the viewer and the reflexes of (inoculating the film parasyneidisiakes images), manages to cause feelings of withdrawal and redemption. Expertly guides (and the trick mentioned above) all of the actors. Special mention should be natural for Linda Blair (played the possessed Regan), which shows incredible acting (not only) maturity for her age. Finally, the music seems ideal and is likely to haunt the mind for long.

Storyline is enough to qualify from the original: a demon takes out his body and soul a little girl. Juggling the boundaries of the supernatural, the devil is (as always with the script) is an ancient spirit that accidentally released during archaeological excavations. At a symbolic level, the demon he could be "hysterical" (in the Freudian sense) syndrome occupied females just before their entry into the menstrual cycle. The fear of the changes occurring in their body and then up to the psyche and worldview. The legendary masturbation scene with the cross, beyond the obvious purpose (ie to shock), is perhaps the best example of those who basically want tell us director and writer: the Regan has a small "daimonistei" is standard, prohibition, and "must" to impose them on the Catholic church, according to strict principles of which had been raised. So could someone wondered if all that's happening is just a psychosomatic reaction to this oppression.

A really overrated movie

Posted : 7 years, 2 months ago on 20 August 2010 08:56

Even though this movie is a huge classic, I always had a hard time to really care for the damned thing. Basically, I was expecting something really scary but eventually it wasn't scary at all. As a matter of fact, I thought it was actually even rather funny. My guess is that 40 years ago, when it came out, people were quite shocked and possibly scared but nowadays, there are some movies which are really more disturbing. Seriously, when the girl is screaming, swearing, puking, playing with the crucifix, did you think it was really scary ? I did not. Still, it is far from being a bad movie. Indeed, I saw it again not so long ago and it definitely had some qualities. To start off, the directing was very good and the eerie tone of the whole thing was actually very well done. The main flaw, I guess, was with the story. Basically, you can feel that it was the first big movie dealing with Excorcism since they spent way too much time trying to 'scientifically' prove that the girl was not possessed. I mean, the most incredible things happened to this girl and you kept seeing again and again those scientists saying 'there is a perfect logical explanation for this phenomenon' and you could see the mother nodding 'yes, of course!'... Come on, give me a break! As a viewer, it takes you about 5-10 minutes to figure out the whole thing, but it takes the movie about 90 minutes to get there so it gets really tiresome and really unbelievable after a while. But again, in my humble opinion, the least successful part was when the girl goes completely Lucifer on us. Most of the time I was actually shocked about how ridiculous the whole thing looked. Anyway, to conclude, it is definitely not a bad movie but it didn't get old very well and it must be one of the most overrated movies ever made.

Posted : 7 years, 6 months ago on 20 April 2010 02:17

This movie is a sign that a supernatural theme can be taken from a coherent point of view without turning fantasy, is a perfect balance that I think was one of the factors in the success of this movie.

furthermore, the co-relationship between religion, science and the situation is very good because it does not dull the film or tape becomes full religious

This is classified like an horror movie, but most than an horror movie, I think the exorcist gave rise to what would be the future of this genre to our times.
you maybe doesn't feel super scared but the concept of terror and development its pretty good and a real jewel for our film history.

A landmark of cinema!

Posted : 7 years, 10 months ago on 9 December 2009 01:56

The Exorcist was a major hit not just within the horror genre but also cinema itself because there has never been any terror within a film that is so believable and realistic. It is a landmark of horror/thriller films alongside others such as Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, Steven Spielberg's Jaws and Jonathan Demme's The Silence Of The Lambs. It does have some science fiction parts about it but it isn't officially a science fiction film. The film was a huge success by receiving 2 Academy Awards and other nominations including Best Picture, Best Leading Actress (Ellen Burstyn) and Best Supporting Actress (Linda Blair). I could easily feel the terror of the characters especially Regan. It is a very special horror film because even after over 25 years of when it was released, it scares now and some horror films die out but this one never will because it will give you nightmares for a long time. Personally, I think horror films that are extremely scary and more psychological are better that way because they are very effective and powerful and it shows how good it is expressing at toying with your mind. Because of how scary it was around the time it was released, it was delayed for quite a while despite the Oscars and Golden Globes it won and was nominated for.

Ellen Burstyn's performance as Chris McNeil was absolutely terrific! Ellen is the mother of young girl Regan McNeil. Her performance was often terrifying in some scenes especially when with the possessed Regan. It is a shame because Chris and Regan are innocent mother and daughter but are overcome by a demon trying to control an innocent girl. Well, Linda Blair's performance; what can I say? First of all, it is without a doubt the best performance from a child in film history! I figure that the best child performances are either actors playing cute characters or scary ones. She was the perfect choice for Regan because she can play her innocent and cute side but can play her very evil side as well even though it isn't her doing it. I was terrified by the transformation from a sweet, caring and loving girl to a girl possessed by a demon but what scared me the most was the demon voice that Linda was pulling off during Regan's possession. The make-up on Linda during those possession scenes was absolutely outstanding! Also, during her transformation before it is complete, her acting is absolutely amazing!!

William Friedkin directed this film absolutely amazingly! I don't think it could've been better directed. It wanted to express true horror that will toy with your mind in a very deep psychological way. The camera work was brilliantly handled and there were a lot of awesome eerie camera angles. The scene were Regan turns her neck around completely like an owl is the most powerful scene because it shows the ultimate power that the demon has over Regan and it is a very unusual and disturbing scene. There is a lot of swearing in this film especially said from Regan under the possession of the demon. I think it was very vulgar regarding sex and sexually violent because the possessed Regan was masturbating with a crucifix. I mean, that is very powerful and it seemed realistic watching it but was violently disturbing to watch which makes it better. This was another reason why the script in this film was so damn good as well. It was very powerful regarding how emotional it was and also how tense and horrifying it is to watch. The main keyword to describe the script is "gripping".

Overall, The Exorcist is one of the most shocking, spellbinding, heart-racing and gut-retching films that have ever been released. It is one of the best thrillers and, horrors and rightly so one of the best films of all time too!

« Prev12 Next »