Rosemary's Baby Reviews

Rosemary's Baby

Rosemary's Baby review

Posted : 10 months, 2 weeks ago on 6 June 2013 04:30

Rosemary's Baby is a brilliant horror, it is a cult classic and for good reason. The movie does not feature blood guts gore, what is does is showcase is good story telling. The movie is more of a physiological thriller, staring Mia Farrow as Rosemary who moves into a new apartment block with her husband John. Rosemary is not sure of the place or her neighbours, and soon she is disracted by becoming pregnant where the drama begins. This is a really good horror movie, with some fine acting especially from Mia Farrow. Roman Polanski directed this movie, and well before the tragic events in his personal life. So he was at his best here, and this movie showcases not only how good Mia was as a actress, but how good he was as a directer. If you don't like a lot of blood and guts, but like a bit of horror you will be able to watch this and enjoy it.

Rosemary's Baby review

Posted : 3 years ago on 7 April 2011 04:08

What can I say .... Just brilliantly filmed the most typical pregnancy the history of world cinema. Each scene was an opportunity to review emotions / concepts to life itself. Who or what is not identified with the drama of the heroine.
One of the most creepy psychological thriller that have come out in big screen ... An atmospheric film, with perfectly structured script, which after this would not trust anyone!

I guess it just isn't my type of film

Posted : 5 years, 6 months ago on 1 October 2008 09:02

"Rosemary's Baby" was good for the most part, but I was also disappointed. The plot just didn't appeal to me. I guess this just isn't my type of horror film. I am not so much into films that take 45 minutes to get into the climax and the whole story just wasn't very fun to watch. I was awaiting so much more to happen, and it didn't. I am not saying I did not like this film, I am just not a big fan of this type of work.

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Posted : 5 years, 8 months ago on 1 August 2008 03:19

Like many (or all) of the horror movies I've seen, I first saw a clip of Rosemary's Baby on Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments. The scene they chose was the dream-cum-nightmare of Rosemary (Mia Farrow)'s rape, and in it Rosemary's cry of, "This is no dream!" still sends shivers down your spine.

This movie tells the tale of a young couple, Rosemary and Guy Woodhouse, who move into an old apartment building with a bad reputation. Rosemary meets a woman in the basement of the building who tells her that she is staying with the Castevets, and elderly couple whose apartment was once part of Rosemary's. A few days later, however, the woman is dead from jumping out of her window. By the body outside, the Woodhouses make the acquaintance of the Castevents, who prove to be nosy. However, Guy seems utterly fascinated with them, much to Rosemary's disapproval. Guy (who is an actor) manages to get a very important part because the previous actor has gone blind overnight. Guy gets very wrapped in his job, ignoring Rosemary. One day, out of the blue, he says he wants a baby. They plan a baby night, on which Minnie Castevent provides dessert chocolate mousse. Rosemary ends up passing out and has a strange dream in which a beast brutally rapes her. The next morning Rosemary wakes up with scratches on her back, of which Guy apoligizes for. Rosemary's anger at Guy for 'not missing Baby Night' is replaced by joy when she finds out she is pregnant. However, her pregnancy is very painful, and she begins to suspect her doctor may be letting this happen. She stops drinking the vitamin drinks given to her by a overly-helpful Minnie Castevent and her pain disappears one night at a party. Rosemary's suspicions are not gone, as she begins to discover the plot the surrounds her and her pregnancy.

This movie is not a slasher film, nor a ghost haunt. Why this movie deserves to be in the top 100 scary movies (or higher) is its suspenseful plot and an ending that will stay with you even after the movie is over.

Terrifying...brilliant...provocative!

Posted : 5 years, 11 months ago on 26 April 2008 03:42

He chose you, honey! From all the women in the world to be the mother of his only living son!"

Roman Polanski's classic horror film Rosemary's Baby is the best and most terrifying supernatural horror film of all time bar none.

This movie is an example of the horror genre done right; there are spine-chilling moments, satanic images and horror themes that will stay with you forever.

A young couple named Rosemary (Farrow) and Guy (Cassavetes) move into a new apartment in the city of New York. The couple have plans of raising a family there, and start trying for a child.

But the two soon meet an elderly couple living in the same building who seem peculiar but caring. When Rosemary ends up pregnant, Guy strikes a deal with a group of devil worshippers unbeknownst to his wife. Rosemary's pregnancy is plagued by troubles - odd pains that last for extended periods of time, ill health and lack of good advice from the people around her.

Slowly, and surely, Rosemary learns to realise that she may be having the son of Satan.

Polanski has made this film nothing short of perfect - the film is effective, terrifying and spine-chilling. Some of the satanic images and black magic rituals will leave you terrified...and towards the end it's impossible to feel bored or to tear your eyes away from the screen.

The themes of witchcraft and devil worshipping are the icing on the cake. Mia Farrow's performance was astounding. It's obvious that she put everything she could into portraying such a pivotal character.

John Cassavetes is just brilliant here as well. He is able to play his character so well and believably. Both Ruth Gordon and Sidney Blackmer are superb as the very strange neighbours.

Rosemary's Baby is unmissable for any horror fan. It's incredibly creepy, atmospheric, eerie, brooding and creates an incredible sense of unthinkable danger.

Heck, Polanski even tops a bunch of Hitchcock's classic thrillers...and this is coming from someone who adores Hitchcock's work. Adapted from the novel by Ira Levin, and basically a modern take on demons and witchcraft.

In a nutshell, it's absolutely unthinkable to miss this movie. It's just an incredible experience and one of the most terrifying movies of all time.