Posted : 1 month ago on 21 May 2017 08:31

Simple, effective, I prefer this to "The arrival". The guilty plot of waking up a girl to be condemned in a voyage, in bigger than the film itself; but set desing makes a world apart.

In Space, No One Can Hear You Vomit

Posted : 1 month, 3 weeks ago on 5 May 2017 09:02

Passengers. It's a movie. About dating. In space.

It reminded me of Red Planet, which isn't surprising, since it's the saddest excuse for science fiction that I've sat through since Red Planet.

This movie wanted so badly to be "Moon", but ended up being a poorly scripted soap opera between two conventionally popular actors with no chemistry. It took itself seriously when it really shouldn't have. I like Red Planet slightly better for being self-aware enough to let Val Kilmer say "Fuck this planet!" and end with a Carrie Moss soliloquy about how she's going to spend some time with the space janitor. Either make a real piece of science fiction or be honest about the fact that you're making schlock.

Pros:

Ship design was cool
Bartender was most likely a homage to a much better film (The Shining)
I have a new director to hate (Morten Tyldum)

Cons:

Chris Pratt
Jennifer Lawrence
The plot
Endless melodrama
Shameful use of Laurence Fishburne in a sad, 10 minute supporting role
Hideous credits music
Unlike Red Planet, it made money

If Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence and Morten Tyldum each get hit by a flaming bus tomorrow, and die, I still will not believe in god.

Posted : 2 months, 3 weeks ago on 7 April 2017 01:48

[Link removed - login to see]

Posted : 3 months, 3 weeks ago on 6 March 2017 05:28

Notes:
*I have been meaning to watch this for a bit now.
*My dad shared the trailer and upon checking it out I thought it would be interesting.
*I really like the main stars of course.
*Morten Tyldum also directed The Imitation Game which got nominated for several awards.
*I just watched Doctor Strange last month which was also written by Jon Spaihts.
*So let's finally see how this fairs with such talent.

Pros:
*It really is like a space version of Titanic just with a "happier" ending.
*The acting was great and the characters were likable.
*Jennifer Lawrence have mercy!
*Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence have great chemistry.

Cons:
*I think I would have liked it to have ended a bit differently.
*Andy Garcia was cruelly underused.

Verdict:
So this was the movie that Chris Pratt had a beard for that made him look much different. I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, but I actually really enjoyed it. The chemistry between the mains was very good. Overall it was a pretty good watch with interesting ideas. I think it's definitely worth checking out.

Posted : 3 months, 3 weeks ago on 1 March 2017 07:05

Pasajeros tiene una idea interesante. ¿Que pasaría si ya los humanos al momento de mudarse a un nuevo planeta, durante el trayecto, es más de lo que cabe su vida? Y así, utilizar capsulas de que lo pueden congelar para así llegar como nuevos a su destino sin necesidad de envejecer. ¿Pero si algunas de estas capsulas falla?

Aquí es donde entra la pelicula, con unos 2 actos muy bien elaborados que hacen que el espectador se adentre en el film y hasta sentirse identificado con los personajes para ver lo que hacen para sobrevivir ahi, aun de pesar sus cuestionables huecos argumentales y cierta personalidades que tienen los protagonistas que puede ser perdonables.

Donde peca la pelicula es en su tercer acto. Donde forzosamente tienen que meter drama y arreglar un problema que tiene la nave para que no se mueran, esto no es spoiler. Y tambien el final de la pelicula deja muchas cosas en el aire, haciendo que esta pelicula se sienta incompleta en su contenido.

La obra pudo ser más, si es que no se cayera en las típicas formulas de pelicula con drama para que, supuestamente, el espectador se sienta interesado, pero lo arruinan haciendo tal acción.

Posted : 6 months, 3 weeks ago on 6 December 2016 08:15