An average movie

Posted : 4 years, 2 months ago on 16 April 2014 05:49

Honestly, I have no idea how I ended up watching this flick. I think I rented it with some friends at some point. Anyway, basically, it is one of those spoofs, one of the most awful genres ever invented, but even though this one is not one of the best or one of the most known features in this style, it wasn’t really awful either. The whole issue with this genre is the dreadful duo Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. Indeed, even though they wrote ‘Scary Movie’, allegedly one of the best spoofs ever made, they went to direct some of the worst movies ever made ('The Starving Games' , 'Vampires Suck', 'Disaster Movie', 'Meet the Spartans', 'Epic Movie', 'Date Movie'). Well, this movie was made just after ‘Scary Movie’ and before Friedberg and Seltzer made all these awful flicks so that it is where the movie lands quality-wise. Indeed, it is rather forgettable but not completely horrible and, at least, there was a decent cast (Chyler Leigh, Chris Evans, Jaime Pressly, Eric Christian Olsen, Mia Kirshner, Lacey Chabert, Mr. T, Molly Ringwald, Randy Quaid, Samaire Armstrong). To conclude, even though it looks and sounds awful, it is actually watchable but I still don’t think it is really worth a look, except maybe if you are a die-hard fan of the genre.

Not Another Teen Movie (2001) review

Posted : 10 years, 5 months ago on 27 January 2008 11:29

Oh look, it's a spoof and what easier genre to pay out then teen movies? If this hadn't of been on tv I never would have watched this movie but it was and I did. It got some chuckles out of me but that was about it. No laughing until it hurt. No memorable comedic moments for me to mention at some point in time in the future. Not another teen movie really is just another teen movie.

Not Another Teen Movie (2001) review

Posted : 10 years, 6 months ago on 23 December 2007 09:33

As far as ridiculous 'gross-out' teen movies go, this is definitely one of the funniest. While I certainly wouldn't put it on any favourites list, NATM is streets ahead of the latest American Pie films, the Scary Movie films and other awful films of similar quality.

It is still laugh out loud funny in some places.

Pathetic

Posted : 10 years, 11 months ago on 28 July 2007 12:10

This is most certainly one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. I've had my teen movie phase and I always like parodies, even of movies I love. This thing, however, was terrible.

It was stupid (in a bad way, that is) and the jokes were lame.