Nim's Island Reviews

Nim's Island

A disappointing movie

Posted : 2 years, 8 months ago on 22 August 2011 01:53

Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Jodie Foster, I thought I should check it out. Indeed, even though we don't hear much about Jodie Foster nowadays, I still think she is one of the best actresses alive and I would check anything she is in it. However, this time, it was a huge letdown... I mean, like I said before, I wasn't expecting much but I thought this movie was a real bore to watch. Was it really the best script she could get?!? It is like Gerard Butler, ever since he brokethrough with ‘300’, instead of becoming a major action actor, he keeps making movies in different genres, especially some rather underwhelming rom-coms. This time, he goes for a family feature which might have been a good idea at first but when you see the end-result, you wonder if it was really worth the hassle. To be honest, it might be enjoyable for the kids but, personally, I thought the whole thing was rather tedious. Anyway, to conclude, I have seen worse movies but, still, this movie wasn't really entertaining and the whole thing is not really worth a look.

Nim's Island review

Posted : 2 years, 8 months ago on 17 August 2011 03:25

As a family movie, this isn't bad. It's fairly decent if you intend to watch it with children. However, it is a bit rough to sit through if you have no children around to keep it playing. Overall, it's just all right. Nothing special, totally forgettable, and really best left untouched - unless a child you know wants to see it. Even then, there are other, better movies out there to choose before this one.

Too Syrupy!

Posted : 5 years ago on 6 April 2009 11:59

This is a children's movie, adults without children can skip this one. The movie is too frenetic and doesn't know what it wants to be. A mix of a child Indiana Jones, a touch magic, a touch of Dr. Dolittle, some fantasy and pathetic romance. Unfortunately, they just don't mix well. Good cast, can't imagine how bad it would have been without them. I don't need a lot of conflict in a movie, but this was just too sweet. Blugh!

An interesting island

Posted : 6 years ago on 19 April 2008 08:37

There are couple of high powered actors in this film, but Abigail Breslin is the one that stole the show. Her smile was infectious in Sunshine and it radiates in this film again. She had a positive presence that was contagious and fun to watch.

The one flaw I found in this film was Jodie Foster. She is one of my all time favorite actors but fell short of my expectations in this film. Her acting was fine, but the character that she portrayed was annoying and not much fun to follow for this kind of film.

I took my son and he said the story wasn't new. He'd seen the plot line before, but he liked it because he said it was funny. There are a lot of funny scenes in the movie and it is clean humor. This is a movie that you can take the whole family to and enjoy. It is entertaining and one that everyone should leave with a smile on their face.

Flash