An average movie

Posted : 3 years ago on 29 November 2011 10:22

If I recall correctly, I have seen this movie a very very long time ago and I thought it was time for a re-watch. Basically, it was with this flick that Julia Roberts really launched her career. Indeed, it was her first starring role and I must say, after seeing it again, it was better than I thought. I mean, it remains a rather standard romantic-comedy but I thought it was well-made and the characters were actually rather well written. I mean, for example, for once, they didn’t have a fancy creative job, no, they worked in a pizzeria, even though they made it look way more interesting than it must be in real life but that's something inherent to this genre, I’m afraid. Furthermore, I really have a weak spot for Lili Taylor and, as usual, she was just spellbinding to watch and even though I'm not a big fan of Julia Roberts, I must admit, she was really charming in this flick. To conclude, it is nothing mind-blowing whatsoever but it is still a rather well-made and entertaining romantic-comedy and it is definitely worth a look, especially if you like the genre.