A very good movie

Posted : 7 years, 2 months ago on 30 December 2010 02:34

I have always been a fan of this movie but since I hadn't seen it for many years, I was really eager to check it out again. First of all, to be honest, I always had a hard time with Luc Besson's work as a director (without mentioning the even more underwhelming movies he has produced during the last decade). I mean, visually speaking, he is actually a great director, probably one of the most talented French directors of the last 30 years and indeed his directing is always top notch but I always find his stories rather pretentious and even underwhelming. This movie is however the big exception. As usual, it looked really awesome but this time, the story was really entertaining and quite spellbinding to behold. We shouldn't forget Anne Parillaud who was great here and easily delivered the best performance you will ever see in a Besson production. Finally, the soundtrack by Eric Serra wat just really perfect and managed to immerse you even more in this fascinating world. To conclude, it is easily my favorite movie directed by Luc Besson (I seriously don't understand why the vastly overrated 'Léon' gets so much more credit than this superior feature) and it is definitely worth a look, especially if you are interested in French movies.