Posted : 6 months, 1 week ago on 17 December 2016 11:22

A very stylish horror film that, for once, doesn't rely on jump scares to get you going. The story is simple and that's why it works so well and the Demon that follows is just creepy in whatever form it appears as. The cast was great at how they portrayed their characters and the lead female protagonist really sells the fear factor of it all, the same could be said for the boy who.. Well, you know, gave it to her. The little bit of explanation you get is more than enough, though some people still want to have a complete explanation and bio on the Demon but IMO it's not really needed, not in this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed It Follows.

Posted : 1 year, 4 months ago on 7 February 2016 10:31

Conventionally subtle terror, sense of young group with split love between the guys. The isolation of 'strange people is following me' topic, explained early, is good.

Posted : 1 year, 6 months ago on 29 November 2015 03:51

This is one of the most unique and refreshing thrillers I have ever seen. David Robert Mitchell is now one of my favorite filmmakers. I will be watching his work very closely from now on. The soundtrack is phenomenal as well!

Posted : 1 year, 10 months ago on 26 August 2015 11:53

Everyone seems to be raving over this. I do understand why, but i'm not over enthusiastic over this as other people are. It has been hyped, and that was all worth it. I just didn't overly love every single aspect of this film

Posted : 2 years, 3 months ago on 20 March 2015 06:03

I heard about this after seeing that it would be coming to my theater. This was automatically a must see because my theater hasn't played a horror movie in several years. I watched the trailer and was even more excited. I really enjoyed David Robert Mitchell's other film The Myth of the American Sleepover as well.

The premise is really interesting and quite original. This is a movie that actually really creeped me out. That never really happens to be honest which is great! The music seems like they didn't try too hard which is fine because it worked perfectly here. I'm glad that this wasn't a cluster of stupid death scenes. It actually builds a lot of tension and lets us get to know our main characters pretty well. I thought the actors/characters were all great and interesting.

Only one scene in the beginning is pretty brutal other than that it's mostly just an atmospherically creepy movie. It has a very arthouse style feel to it as there are several shots throughout of the scenery. There are even some points where it slowly zooms in on something. This even had a few moments that were kind of funny in an otherwise creepy movie. I thought the ending was well done although I'm sure some audience members might complain. I personally would find it not too difficult to come out with a sequel or two. The following titles being covered as It Follows Too and It Still Follows. I joke.

Pros:
-An original idea for a horror film
-A monster that isn't ridiculously over the top
-Atmospherically different than many horror
-Likeable actors/characters
-It was actually creepy and made me nervous
-There is room for more to the story

Cons:
-I guess the only one is that there is never an explanation to why, how, or what the creature is although in all honesty it doesn't even truly matter.

I really enjoyed this movie. It kept me glued to my seat from start to finish. I recommend if you think the horror genre is lacking originality that this should be on your "to watch" list.