Fiddler on the Roof review

Posted : 1 year, 5 months ago on 1 February 2014 06:08

One of the best musicals on film I have ever seen! The experience is unforgettable like any musical where the music sticks to you, and you grow very fond of every one of the characters.

An average movie

Posted : 4 years, 3 months ago on 14 March 2011 03:30

Since this movie has a really solid reputation, I was really eager to check it out. Eventually, I know it is a classic but, to be honest, it didn't convince me. The main issue, I guess, is that it was pretty much a rather straightforward musical. I know, you might argue asking what’s wrong with a straightforward musical? The thing is that, by now, I have seen almost 5300 movies, I have seen all kind of movies in all kind of different genres, and I’m afraid that the musicals is the only genre I still have a really have a hard time to really care for. Eventually, for a movie in this genre to manage to really impress me, it has to be either really amazing or really original and I’m afraid it wasn’t really the case here. Indeed, sure, there were few good numbers (it was above all very neat to discover that the very cool song ‘If I Were a Rich Man’ actually came from this movie) but I was unfortunately rather bored during the whole thing. To conclude, I think the whole thing is not bad at all, it is just an acquired taste and it is still worth a look, especially if you like the genre.