Behaving Badly review

Posted : 2 years, 4 months ago on 3 May 2015 07:11

Initial Thought: I admit this didn't look all that interesting to begin with. It doesn't help that it has so many negative reviews and ratings. I still decided to watch it since it was on Netflix. Also the main reason I was even interested to begin with was for pretty much only Selena Gomez.

Characters/Acting: It does have a pretty good cast of old Hollywood and young Hollywood. Interesting tidbit of information is that Scott Evans that stars in this is the brother of none other than Chris Evans. If you have a cameo as bad as Justin Bieber and part of your cast has the likes of Gary Busey, Mindy Robinson, and Wee Man (of Jackass) don't expect for the audience to take you too seriously as a filmmaker. I have to admit a lot of the characters were actually fairly interesting. Lachlan Buchanan is actually pretty hilarious (his previous film I watched Muck had him as one of the best characters). Here I have to say he still holds that position.

Story: It's a teen angst comedy. It's pretty much got a lot of the usual cliches you would expect. It does have a few of it's own little ideas, but nothing really all that great. The story is a bit all over the place. I think that they strung together way too many plots that you kind of lose count. Some of the running jokes are good particularly involving the school plotline. A lot of the sex jokes were pretty awkward. Also why did the saints have to be sexualized versions of the characters mothers? The ending was cute, but the journey towards it was rocky.

Directing/Writing: I have never heard of the writer or the director who have worked together on a few things. Apparently this is based off of a book to which I had no clue or even heard of. It must be hard to establish yourself in Hollywood, but you have to actually try. Big names don't make the movie good they just improve what is already there.

Final Thought: Okay this had it's moments here and there. For the most part I was kind of bored even with all the bigger named celebrities. I just felt they tried to throw too much into one story. It really didn't work for me. If they had expanded on some things and cut other stuff out it would have been much better. This really isn't worth the time.

Behaving Badly review

Posted : 3 years, 2 months ago on 30 June 2014 04:34

It's very rare I buy a film on DVD and end up not really loving the exact movie I buy, but this is one I brought. The thing is I brought it because it's an asset to my Cary Elwes DVD collection I got goin on, so I won't get rid of it. This film was very very embarrassing, the cast want work I get that, but think a little more before you just say yes to a film like this.

For me it was just a sex comedy with no real brilliant story going on at all, it was just about this guy who is trying to get the girl' and those movies don't work for me, not if all the sex references end up being completely embarrassing. I think Nat Wolff was the highlight of the whole movie for me, he's a real talented young actor that is going to get bigger as years progress. He certainly has good looks and a good personality as an actor to be the best actor for this teen comedy, he's going to be somewhere totally different in the industry in a few years.

I mean Selena Gomez was not great in her role as the girl the lead was trying to get with, although she always does films different to this but she normally does well in her roles but I think she was pulling away from the real talent I know she has. Then we have Mary-Louise Parker I had never really seen her in anything else much but I remember her being in that show 'Weeds' which I never watched and she hasn't done much since then either, but this is the most recent film she has done. It didn't really give her a good vibe if I'm honest, she's probably a lovely woman but I can't rate her highly from the performance in this, but there was worse cast in this than her.

Cary Elwes, why did you set foot in this and to play a character that was not really in it much. I do love the man, always will regardless of any film he's in and sometimes someone can love an actor a lot and then hate them afterwards for one bad film and that's something I don't agree with but there's some things as a fan I can't take, it's so frustrating when your favorite actor is pulling back with the talent and gratitude that I know he has because of the limited amount of time he was in it, his character could have been in it more but I can't moan but I wish Cary would just not pull back as his talent is endless but it was not used in the right way and his character was just embarrassing but it's great that Cary can play any character and feel comfortable and with Cary I can always see that, but his role in this just was not for me.

Heather Graham also made an appearance and she made the film bearable, still got good looks for her being her 40's. Also some other actors made an appearance and they were limited characters as well. I'm glad Nat Wolff got the spotlight, cause he's great. Overall, it was a film that I could rewatch but it won't have a different effect on me.