An average movie

Posted : 2 months ago on 19 August 2017 06:37

Since I have seen all the Harry Potter movies, of course, I had to check this spin-off/prequel at some point. First of all, you have to give J. K. Rowling some credit to manage to bring us back into this universe but with a really different approach. Indeed, with this movie, you go 50 years before Harry Potter was even born, you even go to a different country so even though it felt familiar, it was still something fairly new which was really neat. There was also no kids and no school involved so the set-up was definitely really different this time around. Of course, the whole thing looked really good as well but I wish they brought another director as it would be interesting to have someone else gives his own take on this universe but, apparently, David Yates will direct all the installments in this franchise. Unfortunately, pretty much like with Harry Potter, I had a rather hard time to care about the story. I mean, I really liked the characters, the cast was fine as well and, for a while, I was thinking that I might enjoy the damned thing more than most of the Potter installments. However, this tale turned out to just too convoluted with some major plot-holes and Rowling used just too many old boring gimmicks like the switching of the suitcase or a character using a disguise through the whole thing. Anyway, to conclude, even if the whole thing didn't completely win me over, I have to admit that it was still a decent watch and it is definitely worth a look, especially if you like the genre.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them review

Posted : 9 months, 1 week ago on 16 January 2017 04:01

Notes:
*It's about time I got around to seeing this.
*I was super excited to see more of what the world of Harry Potter had to offer.
*The trailers looked excited and full of new and old creatures.
*I'm also curious about the American Wizarding school and such.
*The casting is pretty cool here.
*I think it is awesome that David Yates directed this after the Harry Potter series.
*I also like it that J.K. Rowling wrote this movie herself.
*To my recollection I haven't heard anything bad about this one.
*Time to finally check this one out!

Pros:
*These new characters are great specifically Newt, Queenie, and Kowalski.
*The beasts were pretty damn fantastic.
*Exploring more of this universe was pretty cool.
*The twists and turns were excellent and unexpected.
*I liked the references to the Harry Potter saga.
*Knowing there will be more of these characters in future installments.

Cons:
*I wish that it was longer lol.

Verdict:
This was an amazing and spectacular addition to the universe around Harry Potter. The creatures were beautiful. The characters were awesome. The acting was great. This is what you want to see from this universe. It was so much fun. I highly recommend this for fans of the Wizarding world.