Event Horizon review

Posted : 2 years, 5 months ago on 22 October 2014 04:47

I expected this to be a be a bland 80's horror flick. This expectation may contribute to my high rating, but I suspect that rewatching this film won't change my opinion of it much.

The cinematography, visual language, and set design were phenomenal. The corridors, in particular, were well designed set pieces that created a sense of claustrophobia.

A good movie

Posted : 5 years, 4 months ago on 2 November 2011 08:42

I have seen many movies directed by Paul W.S. Anderson and even though most of them were rather entertaining, actually none of them really impressed me. This movie is however the exception. I kept hearing some good things about so I was pretty curious about it and eventually, I thought it was pretty good. The production design was really good and I really enjoyed the spooky mood. All the actors involved gave some convincing performances, especially Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil. I must say I did understimate it in the way that it was really much more gory than I thought it would be, above all in the last 20 minutes (I saw it with my step-son and my wife was not amused...). Still, I thought that those rather schocking scenes fit well the overall tone of the story. To conclude, it is not a masterpiece whatsoever as it doesn't add anything to the genre, but it remains a well-made and entertaining SF flick and I really enjoyed it. Definitely worth a look, especially if you like the genre.

Good, but somewhat disturbing

Posted : 9 years, 11 months ago on 10 April 2007 04:52

This is like a sci-fi horror film that has some pretty interesting things behind it. It is a well put together film with lots to think about when the movie ends. It has some disturbing images, but after getting past those it is a pretty good movie. It has somewhat of a shpere feel for those who have seen that. There is something about going to hell and back on an experiemental spaceship that gets me a little interested.