Dead Silence review

Posted : 3 years, 10 months ago on 12 January 2014 03:37

I found this to be quite interesting, was not scary well the dummy things had scary faces but they didn't scare me as such, it was very interesting to say the least and a little bit different to anything else I have seen recently. The directing from James was as great as usual, and the script was very good too! However, it lacked something for me but overall very good and well thought out film in many ways.

Wow... dolls are creepy

Posted : 5 years, 1 month ago on 4 October 2012 04:33

Jamie and Ella Ashen (Ryan Kwanten and Amber Valletta) aim to have a beautiful evening. However a mysterious present of a ventriloquist puppet appears at their door. Nonetheless they intend to continue the festivities - not before Jamie jumps out for some grub... Naturally by time he is back his wife is dead, but he can still hear her voice calling to him...

In search of his wife's killer he heads back to his home town, where mysteries of old still dwell and the solution to the killing is close-by.

The whole suspense is very successfully conveyed by the doll (albeit there are more, but the original Billy doll is the most creepiest, aside from the surprise last one...) Moving eyes of creepy looking dolls coupled with suspenseful music and some decent writing really pulls this movie along.

I was however thoroughly unimpressed by the culmination of the story, which really is a let-down. The explanation of the whole events that took place take away a lot of the thrill and its downhill since then.

That said the final stroke of this movie was a good one. Big ups to that.

Acting was decent, especially with Donnie Wahlberg as a geeky cop. The script has its letdowns as mentioned, but essentially the eeriness is very well forwarded for the most part. Not anything special, but deserving a look at.