Dawn of the Dead review

Posted : 4 years, 11 months ago on 1 June 2013 12:59

Yes i know it's not the first of George A. Romero masterpieces but i love this movie the most sorry Night of the Living Dead. following the events in Night of the Living Dead were a mysterious plague causing humans to came back from the dead and to feast on the living. This films focuses around a group of people that find themselves stuck in a shopping mall fighting for their lives. while at the time this film was rather gory that scene with the zombies eating the guy the elevator is so brutal and though time has shown the movie faults for me that doesn't matter.

Overall i give it a 10 This movie is a timeless horror classic that i know ill be watching for years to come.

Monsters Mash #42 Dawn of the Dead

Posted : 5 years, 6 months ago on 26 October 2012 02:24

Now were getting towards the gory many years to after George Romero shock the world with Night of the Living Dead he does it again with the color sequel that also stands on its own Dawn of the Dead it has a new cast doesn't require seeing the first movie but the background is the same with the epidemic of zombie coming around people also compares this to consumerism comparing mall shoppers to zombie cause the location takes place in a mall it opens to many comedic effect and situation for many it was the grossest film of the 70s with the early works of Tom Sivini who also acts in this film. George A. Romero follows this up with Land of the Dead in 1985 and Day of the Dead in 2005 that represent the decade they were made so don't miss these these films are awesome.

A classic

Posted : 6 years, 12 months ago on 26 May 2011 12:52

Since I bought a box set with the whole zombie trilogy, I couldn't wait to watch this 2nd flick. To be honest, pretty much like with 'Night of the Living Dead', even though I did like the damned thing, I can't say I found it really great though. In fact, I thought it was better than the first installment, sharper with a nice combination of horror, humor and satirical critic on our consumerist society. The main issue for me was the rather average acting and the directing which could have been better. Both were actually better in the remake in my opinion. In fact, I can't actually say which one was better between this original version directed by George A. Romero and the remake directed by Zack Snyder. The remake looked better but it was also a rather standard action flick, lacking the wit and originality of this first version. I guess, like 'Night of ...', when it came out, it must have been quite a shock for the audience because they never had seen anything like this before. Personally, I think it has actually lost a little bit of its impacts nowadays. Eventually, in my book, it is not really a masterpiece but it is still pretty good and it remains a classic.

When There's No More Room In Hell...

Posted : 10 years, 5 months ago on 19 December 2007 04:37

To me the first epic horror movie. Seems a little dated and merger within it's budgetary restraints, but over comes with sheer excitement and originality. Very interesting commentary on American society of the 1970's as a consumerist nation hellbent on consuming each other and everything they come in contact with. Just a fricking cool movie all around. Second part of Romero's Living Dead trilogy.

Dawn of the Dead review

Posted : 10 years, 9 months ago on 20 August 2007 09:59

For me, this is pretty much the ultimate zombie film. I never considered myself a fan of the genre until I saw this masterpiece. The outbreak of a mysterious zombie plague that results in flesh-eating humans littering the streets and baying for blood sets the scene for a tale of survival.

Aided by a trusty helicopter, one band of survivors manages to get to a shopping centre, clear out the zombies, and then take up residence there away from the perils of the outside world. Their superficial needs take over and soon they almost forget about the dire situation they are in until boredom, and a squad of unruly bikers ride in and shatter their relative serenity.

The film is peppered with scenes of amazing brutality and gore. The human psyche is almost as interesting to watch and analyse as that of the zombie, as the survivors pointlessly adorn themselves in new clothes and forget the inherent danger that surrounds them. The plot is entertaining yet cerebral at the same time, there are lots of questions to ask and points to consider throughout.