Big Business review

Posted : 11 months, 2 weeks ago on 4 November 2016 05:40

Great......

Big Business review

Posted : 6 years, 1 month ago on 4 September 2011 12:07

In the 1940s in the small town of Jupiter Hollow, two sets of identical twins are born in the same hospital on the same night. One set to a poor local family and the other to a rich family just passing through. The dizzy nurse on duty accidentally mixes the twins unbeknown to the parents.

Our story flashes forward to the 1980s where the mismatched sets of twins are about to cross paths following a big business deal to closedown the Jupiter Hollow factory.

Very funny movie of twins switched at birth. Every moment of this film is just hilarious. I would definetly watch it again and recommend to a friend!

An average movie

Posted : 6 years, 8 months ago on 27 January 2011 02:06

To be honest, I didn’t expect much from this flick but, somehow, I still ended up watching it. After 3 critically acclaimed movies directed with his buddies David Zucker and Jerry Zucker (‘Airplane!’, ‘Top Secret!’, ‘Ruthless People’), Jim Abrahams  and the Zucker siblings decided to move forward with some individual project and, for Abrahams, this movie would be his first solo directing effort.  Eventually, I really had a hard time to care about the whole thing. Indeed, pretty much right from the start, after the first 5 minutes, I thought that the concept was pretty lame. Furthermore, the bad jokes during the movie didn't help much either. Finally and that would be pretty much the last nail in the coffin, I can’t say I’m a huge fan of either Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin and the characters they played were neither interesting or entertaining but, in fact, rather obnoxious. Eventually, a few years later, Jim Abrahams would go back to make some parodies with ‘Hot Shots!’ but while it was quite successful at the box-office, I can’t say I really cared about this flick either. Anyway, to conclude, I have seen worse but the whole thing was some still really average stuff and I don’t think it’s worth a look.