A good movie

Posted : 1 year, 8 months ago on 31 August 2016 01:23

This movie is pretty much the stuff of legend. Indeed, the production on this movie was so messed up and convoluted (it has become somehow a trademark with Terry Gilliam) that the making-off has maybe become even more notorious than the movie itself. For example, after many delays, the film was already $2 million over budget before they even started to shoot and, eventually, the budget started with $23.5 million and almost doubled. It is reported that, when they finally started to shoot the damned thing, after a  whole week, they only managed to get about 17 minutes of footage. Following all these production problems and cost overruns, Terry Gilliam actually almost got fired during this nightmarish shooting but, somehow, he still managed to finish this movie. Well, if you manage to put aside all this, I still think it is actually a decent watch. I mean, sure, the end result was indeed pretty messed up but I thought it was still fairly entertaining and the whole thing was above quite gorgeous which can be expected from a movie delivered by this director. Anyway,  to conclude, in spite of its reputation, I think it is actually pretty good and it is definitely worth a look, especially if you are interested in Terry Gilliam’s work.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988) review

Posted : 8 years, 11 months ago on 6 June 2009 07:41

Questo film è davvero fantastico e divertente.

This movie is really fantastic and funny.