A classic

Posted : 2 years, 7 months ago on 31 December 2011 11:22

Back in those days, Katharine Hepburn was the best actress around and it has always been a pleasure watching one of her movies (as a matter of fact, I have seen only 6 movies starring her which is a terribly low digit). Since this flick is one of her classics, I was really eager to check it out and I thought it was an interesting romantic-comedy. I mean, you have the usual slapstick common for this period but it has also some actual serious thoughts about woman rights. Actually, I think they tried to deal with a sensitive subject but, to make it more bearable to watch, they hide it behind an innocent comedy so the viewers back then wouldn't be shoched with what it is actually a critic on our modern society. I wonder if they could make such a comedy nowadays, the issue would be that we 'think' that man and woman are equal so it wouldn't work but it could be interesting. A part from all this, it remains an enjoyable romantic-comedy with some amazing chemistry between Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. To conclude, it is a classic and it is definitely worth a look, especially if you like those good old comedies.