A very average movie

Posted : 6 years, 6 months ago on 29 April 2011 04:25

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I always had a weak spot for Glenn Close, I thought I might as well give it a try. The first installment was not bad but you can wonder if this sequel was actually really necessary (isn't it always the case?!?). Obviously, the first movie was nothing amazing whatsoever but its appeal was above all to see Glenn Close who was having a ball and she completely nailed this part . So, since she was such a success, they decided to move forward with another installement. On top of that, this time, you had also GĂ©rard Depardieu but I honestly wondered what the hell he was actually doing here... I mean, the guy is pretty much the best French actor of the last 30 years and it would be great to see him work with some great directors in Hollywood (he did manage to work with Ridley Scott and Ang Lee though) but, most of the time, he ends up in such underwhelming features. Anyway, to conclude, it might be a nice flick for the (very) young kids but for everybody else, it is rather boring and I don't think it is really worth a look at all.