Added by DragonPhoenix46 on 3 Nov 2011 03:39
11627 Views 10 Comments

Worst Nostalgia Critic Reviews (2008-2012)

Add header image

Choose file... or enter url:
Sort by: Showing 35 items
Rating: List Type:
People who added this item 40 Average listal rating (17 ratings) 5.5 IMDB Rating 0
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare - Super famicom and SNES
My Two Cents:

There's a good reason why this is widely considered one of the worst things that Doug has ever done. It doesn't play like a Let's Play video. He thought of that idea long before during his much early days. But he couldn't do it then, and he wasn't even aware that LP's have evolved dramatically since. This LP delivers nothing but unfunny and annoying screaming, cursing, and yelling.

Yeah, his video game review of Bebe's Kids did have those things, but they're more funny and better written. Plus, it's meant to be a parody of an AVGN review.

"Uh-oh."

That line perfectly sums up the video pretty well, in terms of Doug's reaction to the negative comments and the viewer's reaction to how terrible it is.
Owned Wanted Played Custom
People who added this item 1498 Average listal rating (1045 ratings) 5.6 IMDB Rating 6.3
My Two Cents:

The NC character just doesn't seem to get that the film was intended to a parody. According to Doug, he said that it's easier to make fun of it as a serious action film than a action satire. That was seriously a big mistake. He also mistaken Robert Prosky as Art Carney. The audio dub replacement wasn't very subtle; Doug did it in his normal voice rather his NC voice. And he finally admitted that the review was pointless when he talked about Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes in his Top 11 NC's That He'll Never Do about how it's redundant to make fun of a movie that is already a parody of itself.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 737 Average listal rating (452 ratings) 5.8 IMDB Rating 6.3
TMNT (2007)
My Two Cents:

Despite the many requests for an NC review of this film, it wasn't bad enough to make it a substantial one. Despite Doug growing up watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a kid, he doesn't seem to know a lot about the original source material and that it's supposed to be semi-sequel to the original Ninja Turtles movies. And of course, he made a tasteless Marlboros joke on the late Mako, whom he wasn't aware of him at that time. He could have at least did a bit of research on him before saying anything negative. This review and as well as the infamous Melvin Brother of the Joker sketch is when the writing on the wall starts to show.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1739 Average listal rating (1086 ratings) 4 IMDB Rating 4.3
Home Alone 3 (1997)
My Two Cents:

I was looking forward to see Doug rip this movie up, but it was a wasted potential, as there were so many missed opportunities and jokes that didn't work. It also felt rushed; he was getting ready for Kickassia, which really wasn't worth the effort on it, anyways. Even that running joke where NC pretends to be John Hughes writing the screenplay got old after a while.

"How?"
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 343 Average listal rating (193 ratings) 6.4 IMDB Rating 6.3
My Two Cents:

This is just sad that this is one of Doug's most requested films, and yet it ends up as one of his worst. It was the "Explain, movie! Explain!" gag, which was not only painfully unfunny, but really annoying and unnecessary. Especially since the film has explained a few things. It's really not nearly as funny when Doug makes a big deal over something trivial or a plot point that was actually explained. Even NC killed Mary Poppins, Bert, and Mickey Mouse at the end of the review over Mary Poppins saying she doesn't explain anything. That was really forced, uncalled for, and mean-spirited. Watching NC throwing a tantrum over that movie is like someone yelling nonstop at a disabled child for over 20 minutes. Does anyone want to see that? I don't think so.

"The ogre's butt."
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 2839 Average listal rating (1744 ratings) 5.8 IMDB Rating 6.1
Casper (1995)
My Two Cents:

It was mostly the animated photoshopped ghost with a Felix the Cat voice that prevented me from enjoying this review. He was not only annoying, but he's also NOT F***ING FUNNY! He wasn't that bad when I saw him at first. But as I watched the review a few more times, he just became hard to accept. The "TIMING!" and the "Exposition" gags have to be some of Doug's worst running jokes ever. And he even likes them. Really, they're not that funny! Also, the ending where NC chases him down in Ghostbusters-style went on too long. No offense to Doug, his Casper is about as annoying as Jar Jar Binks. Yep, I did just said that. This review would be a good example of an early review that plays like a subpar episode of Family Guy. I find it very baffling to see that this is Doug's second favorite NC review, and the scene where he chases Casper is one of his favorite NC moments. This has to be one of his most self-indulgent reviews he has done, in my opinion.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 385 Average listal rating (247 ratings) 5.6 IMDB Rating 5.8
My Two Cents:

It was mostly the "No, no, no, no..." joke that went on way too long. Most of the other jokes didn't work, either, save for a few like the annoy-a-meter, the use of the music from The Omen (1976), and Phoebe Kates' awkward smile. But the review, overall, was just forgettable. I find it ironic that this film is Doug's second worst film he has reviewed. I thought he'd put more effort into the review, just like he did with Bio-Dome, Felix the Cat, Little Monsters, and Garbage Pail Kids.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"You're crazy in the most wonderful way!"
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1663 Average listal rating (1183 ratings) 5.9 IMDB Rating 6.7
Full House (1987)
My Two Cents:

I can see where Doug is coming from on why he hates the show. But I just felt he didn't go more in-depth with the show, didn't have enough good material, and there wasn't a lot to make fun of. The screamer involving the evil Olsen Twins at the very end of the review was real forced and unneeded. For a show that lasted eight seasons, he only watched four episodes in preparation for the review. That's not enough to explain what's good and what's bad about them, really. That clearly explains why Doug said the mother died from a disease rather than actually in a car crash. And this review is no Captain Planet. Even he went into more details on why he doesn't like that show.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 21 Average listal rating (11 ratings) 5.8 IMDB Rating 6.7
My Two Cents:

This review was all just pointing out the things on how the film is too much like Star Wars. And from the looks of it, I don't think the film is that bad to make a review that is worth riffing on. Also, Doug's chemistry with Bennett the Sage was poor. It's without a doubt one of the worst crossover review he has ever done.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"The Kha-Khan has returned."
My Two Cents:

There were a couple of good quips such as "This is why Superman works alone." from Batman & Robin, the clip from Blazing Saddles, and a nice callback to one of the few funny moments in a TGWTG special, Suburban Knights. But still, did this movie really need an NC treatment? That is a sign that Doug is becoming too desperate and bankrupt of material. Also, half the time, it's just him bashing on Willie and Short Rounds, and being annoyed by them. He already discussed them in the Top 11 Dumbasses-in-Distress. So, he didn't bring anything real different to it. The ending of the review where NC tries to stay still for an 80's sitcom ending also felt forced.

Even though I like this movie, despite its flaws; I can understand why some other people don't. Plus, I seen other characters that are much worse and annoying than Willie and Short Rounds. But I still think the review was highly unnecessary.

It's a shame that Doug had to repeat the same mistake again with The Matrix two and a half years later. He clearly hasn't learned a damn thing from this review.

On a sidenote, it's really weird that Doug chose not to review Matilda because of its large cult following and yet he's okay with doing IJatToD and The Matrix, despite their much higher ratings. And as well as bashing on Pokémon, a franchise that he hardly knows. Just way to be consistent.

-Forceds Jokes

Channel Awesome Tagline:

[high pitched voice] "I"M A SINGER! I COULD LOSE MY VOICE!"
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1419 Average listal rating (824 ratings) 6.5 IMDB Rating 6.7
My Two Cents:

Despite some good jokes in there, there was a number of f***ups and obvious missed opportunities. Having those two in the same sentence is not a good sign. Anyways, one major mistake was that Doug assumed the film's composer and songwriter Randay Newman wrote the eating the peach song; it was actually Roald Dahl, who wrote the book. One of the obvious missed joke opportunies was when the mechanical shark appears, he didn't pull off a Jaws joke, where the famous line was "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Also, he didn't even acknowledged or referenced one of the big name actors in the film such as Susan Sarandon and Richard Dreyfuss. And another that bothered me was the running joke whenever NC says something negative, he gets guns pointed out at him. Doing it just once or twice isn't that bad. But doing it more than three times really gets old and annoying. And on top of that, the review dwells too much on Let's Play Bart's Nightmare, which was posted before it.

-Missed Opportunites

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"Work, work, work, work, work!"
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 109 Average listal rating (82 ratings) 5.1 IMDB Rating 4.9
Sidekicks (1992)
My Two Cents:

It was mostly the Mako worshipping gag that made the review unbearable to watch. I know Doug did that to avoid flack from the fans, but there was really no need to dwell it and make it into a forced running joke. He still even did that in his Pearl Harbor review, which was posted four years later after this review. He and other people that were offended should have gotten over it after a very long time. And seriously, Doug, dwelling on a person that you wrongfully made fun of is NOT a legit joke.

It is ironic that Doug tried not to be negative on Mako, but he was being a bit too hard on Jonathan Brandis, whom he committed suicide in 2003. I knew he was more like making fun of the character that Brandis played, but still needs to watch what he says. The "A Chucka Norris" gag was overused, too. It wouldn't be that bad if he used it only two times. One of the few things I do like in this review, however, was Joe Piscopo's "I'm acting!" moment.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 595 Average listal rating (434 ratings) 6.8 IMDB Rating 8
Transformers (1984)
My Two Cents:

The concept of Doug dressing up as Optimus Prime, looking back at the series, was interesting and refreshing. But it was poorly executed. The idea of Doug reviewing a film as a different person rather than NC was way better done in We're Back! A Dinosaur Story. He dressed up as Raoul Puke, a parody of Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

What really killed the review, however, was Soundwave's romantic comedy speech, which went on way too long, like nearly two minutes. Just after a couple of seconds in, I was literally like, "GET ON WITH IT!" There could have been a punchline to it, also. Instead, this is one of Doug's worst extended jokes he has ever done.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"Yes! Yes! [Transformers sound] Oh... oh..."
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1181 Average listal rating (748 ratings) 5.9 IMDB Rating 6.3
The Cell (2000)
My Two Cents:

I can understand why Doug doesn't like this film (it's even in his Top 11 Worst Films He Has Ever Reviewed), but this isn't even NC material. Of course, he has done other R-rated films in the past. But for this one, it was not the kind of film he should review to begin with. It also shows that Doug is not good at making NC reviews of films that have deeper meanings and complex themes. The "Be disturbed" running joke was totally forced in and got annoying too quickly. However, if he wanted to review the film so badly, then he should have saved it as a crossover review with Oancitizen, who reviews art house films. Plus, I think he would have been an asset to the review.

-Boring
-Review Unnecessary (unless if done with Oancitizen)

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"If we can't stop him, he ain't going to stop himself."
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 2268 Average listal rating (1535 ratings) 7.1 IMDB Rating 7.5
Total Recall (1990)
My Two Cents:

This film isn't flawed enough to make fun of for an NC review, like Commando and Hook. Although it was actually Leo "That Sci-Fi Guy" Thompson's choice to review it. But really, movies like Red Planet or The Running Man would have been far better choices.

"Just shove real hard."

The tagline really should have been the obvious "Consider that a divorce."
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 20 Average listal rating (12 ratings) 2.3 IMDB Rating 0
My Two Cents:

It's one of those failed comedies that is hard to make fun of, and the running jokes weren't funny and got old fast. I think Matthew "Film Brain" Buck could have done a better job reviewing this movie.

[yodeling]
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 458 Average listal rating (283 ratings) 6.6 IMDB Rating 6.7
Heavy Metal (1981)
My Two Cents:

This was mostly Diamanda Hagan's choice to review that. But the film itself is not really up to NC's alley. And the review is pretty forgettable and boring. Even the Junior review was more entertaining than this.

"Yay!"
My Two Cents:

Or just Star Trek Month in general, with the exception of The Final Frontier and Insurrection.

I can understand why Doug did Star Trek Month as in preparations for the anniversary special, To Boldy Flee. But this film, The Motion Picture, and Generations don't have enough flaws and material to make fun of for NC reviews.

And hell, instead of doing a January themed month that year, he should have taken a month break after all that hard work on the reviews he did and the movies that he had to sit through and suffer. But in order to keep the site running, he could have done two to three commentaries each week. There were some reviews posted in 2012 that he already has hit burnout and exhaustion.

"GENESIS?!"

Admittedly, the line and delivery is unintentionally hilarious, but it didn't need to be a running joke every time someone says "genesis."
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 388 Average listal rating (277 ratings) 3.8 IMDB Rating 3.6
Jaws 3D (1983)
My Two Cents:

MikeJ, the Shameful Sequels person, reviewed this film before Doug, and he didn't really bring anything genuinely new to it. The Cinema Snob cameo where he talks about Manimal felt forced. One other thing that really bothered me was that Doug constantly refers to the shark as "Jaws." It doesn't really have a name; it's just called "The Shark." That is almost like calling the Xenomorph from Alien... "Alien," rather than "The Alien" or "The Xenomorph." He also missed the opportunity to include "The shark still looks fake," line from Back to the Future Part 2.

-Didn't Bring Anything New or Fresh
-Miss Opportunities

"Mike! The Dolphins!"
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 548 Average listal rating (367 ratings) 3.6 IMDB Rating 2.9
My Two Cents:

Just about the same as Jaws 3; MikeJ already did it, and Doug didn't bring anything fresh to the table, and still refers the shark as "Jaws." Also, having the late Judith Barsi (Ducky from The Land Before Time and Anne Marie from All Dogs Go to Heaven) say "Mommy, what's sex?" was in really bad taste and forced. Doug even made a plot error about Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade; the power of the Holy Grail is only active inside the temple.

-Didn't Bring Anything New or Fresh

"JAKE!"

The tagline really should have been Michael Caine saying "Oh sh*t!". It's seriously more unintentionally funny.
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 2050 Average listal rating (1203 ratings) 5.3 IMDB Rating 5.9
Free Willy (1993)
My Two Cents:

The review itself was just forgettable, with exception of the evil popcorn man gag. Just imagine him ruining the most romantic, heartwarming, dramatic, or heartbreaking scenes in a movie. And one big error was that whales are actually sensitive to glass-tapping. He also could have made a joke where there should be a sign or someone yelling "No tapping on the glass!"

-Not Enough to Make of

[Willy's whale noise]
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 121 Average listal rating (83 ratings) 5.8 IMDB Rating 5.4
My Two Cents:

This review is no It or The Langoliers. There was hardly to make fun of for this Stephen King mini-series. And it was mostly all just Doug recycling the same and tired Stephen King jokes and clichés from his far better previous reviews.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"All warm and safe and toasty!"
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 100 Average listal rating (68 ratings) 5.2 IMDB Rating 6.1
My Two Cents:

The review really would have been better if it was a positive or guilty pleasure review, like Doug said in his conclusion. But the biggest crime has to be NC's scene with Santa Christ, which was unfunny, disappointing, and went on way too long. Seriously, Doug, you're not good at these extended jokes! I also say that this review to me is a prelude of NC jumping the shark.

"FOR FREE?!"
My Two Cents:

MikeJ already did it, he covered that movie pretty well, and his jokes were better. Doug shouldn't have any reason to sit through and suffer watching this movie, especially if someone else already did it (unless he can add anything fresh or new to it). It's like he did it just for the hell of it and because he reviewed its predecessor. That would kinda be like if he ever did Freddy Got Fingered, whereas Lindsay "Nostalgia Chick" Ellis already did it. Or other reviews like Matthew "Film Brian" Buck's Going Overboard (with Adam Sandler). Although there are some reviews that Doug did that someone previously reviewed that did work such as The Room, Son of the Mask, The Cat in the Hat (2003), and The Last Airbender.

Anyways, it's not as funny or refreshing compared to the review of the first movie. And he was also being a bit too generous to this movie (another reason why MikeJ's take was better).

The only good thing in the review was the end where he and other people were reading 50 Shades of Grey with different impersonations (including Nicolas Cage and Mickey Mouse), even though it's filler and irrelevant to the review or subject.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"I'm Bill Biscane and if you touch my diapers, you're fired!"
My Two Cents:

I just felt that it didn't really live up to the hype. Oh, and George IS ashamed of Howard the Duck! He disowned it after it flopped at the box office. For the love of God, Doug, do your damn research! How do I know Lucas disowned Howard the Duck? Because it says it on his IMDb page in the trivia section.

The part where Santa Christ appears as a Deus ex Machina to save the Critic from being tortured near towards the end of the film was rather forced than funny, and it's executed poorly. Even his song played in the rock melody of "The First Noel" wasn't that good, either. What I am trying to say is that Doug could have thought a better way to end the review.

But one of the few things that I do like in this review is the beginning where after NC says his opening catchphrase, he then tries to run away from his house. I also liked his reaction towards Harvey Korman in drag and saying "Stir, whip, stir, whip." The sketch between Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine on capturing Bea Arthur was good, too. But the review, overall, is still a big disappointment.

Cinema Snob on the other hand, reviewed it six years later after Doug's take on the special, which was much better, more subtle, and better presented (he's one of the very few Channel Awesome members that I still look out for along with Todd in the Shadows and The Dom after giving up on Doug). Plus, it didn't end with a very forced Deus ex Machina or have Santa Christ involved like in Doug's review.

*Big Disappointment
*Forced Jokes
*Major F***up(s) Spotted
*Missed Opportunities
*Underwhelming
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 143 Average listal rating (59 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 7.1
My Two Cents:

The phone call from Vincent Price was clever, but went on a bit too long. Some of the callback jokes such as the "Mindf*** Moment" and the "What?! Pumpkin?!" felt forced and unnecessary. Although the former could have used a different song for it. Really, Doug, be more f***ing original. There's even an error where he credits the name of the song wrong; it's actually called "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger, not "I'm Not Sick, But I'm Not Well". He even made of the names of the characters, Tack, Zigzag, and Yum-Yum, for being simplistic, which were actually intended by Richard Williams. And it's not that funny, either.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"Now that I have the balls."
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 4146 Average listal rating (2719 ratings) 6.1 IMDB Rating 6.5
My Two Cents:

As much as I agree with much Doug's criticisms on the movie, I just thought the review itself was underwhelming. One part that I did like, though, was the twist on the "Boomer will live" joke when the T-Rex eats the doghouse with the dog inside.

Channel Awesome Tagline:

"That's, that's, chaos theory."

That line didn't need to be used as a running joke throughout the review.
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1294 Average listal rating (866 ratings) 6.4 IMDB Rating 6.9
My Two Cents:

I didn't see the movie when Doug first reviewed it, but when I did watch the movie myself later, it surpassed my expectations and thought it didn't really need to be reviewed. There's also more things in the movie than he let on (unless if he's trying to be not that spoileriffic). The movie is just too good for NC, IMO, despite some good jokes like the wheel jokes and the reference to Monty Python's Life of Brian. There's even some missed joke opportunities in there, most particularly the scenes that could have used video or audio clips from Star Wars, Highlander, and Harry Potter. The other things that bothered me were the Avatar joke (while impersonating Arnold, he could have said it as in "Ah-bah-dah"), James Earl Jones saying "Help," in a high-pitched voice, and the added Goofy howler effect when the one woman fell down through a wooden floor. Those were really forced, unfunny, and the latter can mislead people who haven't seen the film. Oh, and there's no need to dwell on Mako and do the worship gag again!

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 575 Average listal rating (360 ratings) 4.7 IMDB Rating 5.3
Jack Frost (1998)
My Two Cents:

It was mostly the jokes that I didn't like personally such as the Saving Private Ryan reference (Doug said it's overrated) and the use of "Cheer Up, Charlie" song from Willy Wonka (arguably the worst and most pointless song in the film).

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 797 Average listal rating (471 ratings) 5.8 IMDB Rating 6
My Two Cents:

This is more of an unnecessary review than a bad review. Doug didn't really have to do this movie along with Digimon: The Movie, since he didn't grow up watching either of them. Although reviewing films like Dungeons & Dragons, The Avengers (1998), and Thomas and the Magic Railroad are some exceptions because they can be looked at without knowing much of the source material (it's still important to do research on them).

Ever since Conquest of the Commercials that was posted in 2015, Doug in character has been making mean-spirited joke towards and as well as attacking the fanbase. He shouldn't be bashing on Pokémon if he has not played any of the games or watched a couple of episodes of the anime, let alone the first movie. I'm just glad that I gave up on him a long time ago.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 272 Average listal rating (170 ratings) 4.6 IMDB Rating 5.2
3 Ninjas (1992)
My Two Cents:

The review itself is just forgettable, and Doug didn't provide enough good jokes to it. But on the plus side, it is mercifully short, which it is nearly 10 minutes long.

Add items to section

Batman vs. The Dark Knight

This may not be one of the worst NC's by some people, but for me, it really left a horrible taste in my mouth. It went from meh to terrible when NC gets an angry phone call from Christian Bale (his audio clips of his rant on the set of Terminator Salvation). That was so forced, unfunny, and somewhat predictable. Although I did find it funny at first, but after thinking about it more, it got old and annoying. Even Bale has redeemed himself a lot after the incident, which makes the joke so out of date and mean-spirited, IMO. In addition, the part where NC shouts to Bale "Shut up and go make Reign of Fire 2!" was just so cringe-worthy. It's almost like he hates him. Also in a early March 2016 interview, Bale has said that he's not too fondly of his own Batman performances. So it's pretty doubtful that he'll angrily call someone for bashing his bat voice.

I also didn't find Michael Caine's Alfred's overlong speech joke that funny, either, even though some other people did. Plus, Doug's sobbing over it didn't help. That part was just dumb nitpicking.

Another thing that bothered me was that he prefer's the former's supporting cast, just because of Bob the Goon, despite the fact that he was never in the latter film. That was really stupid and hypocritical. NC's speech on Bob just makes me want to play the insult clip from Billy Madison. There's no excuse for that.

I even knew about the results and the verdict before watching the review, but I foolishly did. If was smarter then, I wouldn't bother watching it and maybe wouldn't carry too much of a grudge against Doug.

If Doug likes Batman over The Dark Knight, that's fine (I still think he's blinded by nostalgia of that film). But he should have had a different category where the former wins over the latter in a fair game, like the music or style/atmosphere. In other words, the results should have been something like this:

Best Batman: Michael Keaton (Batman)
Best Joker: Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
Best Supporting Cast: The Dark Knight
Best Atmosphere: Batman
Best Story: Batman (Really?!)

Verdict: Batman 3-2

If you want to see a better constructed and a more valid comparison, check out this article, not Nostalgia Critic's:

Add items to section

Willy Wonka vs. Charlie

This is not only one of the absolute worst things that Doug has ever done, but also one of the most unnecessary and self-indulgent. Along with Melvin Brother of the Joker, Let's Play Bart's Nightmare, Last Action Hero, TMNT (2007), and the Top 11 F***ups: Part 3, this one of the lowest points of his career before Demo Reel and his uncancellation of NC. It felt like more of a post-cutoff review (at the time) than an Old vs. New. So, this is just a poor excuse to tear up the new version. Some of his comments are just too subjective, invalid, and intelligence-insulting. And he really failed miserably at his research to get his facts straight. I swear that if he ever did a real review of Charlie, the second of half of the review would just be unfunny and obnoxious screaming and yelling, and laments on how Tim Burton used to be good. He would have shouted things like "What is wrong with you, Tim Burton?!".

And here's what's sad, IMO: Daffy Duck is one of Doug's main comedic inspirations as NC, and the ending of the review payed homage to the classic short, Duck Amuck. In essence, a classic short of his idol ends up at one of his worst reviews.

Like Batman vs. The Dark Knight, I really regret that I watched the review to begin with. I really wish I could forget about them, but they just won't go away.

If I was to do my own Old vs. New on this, then it would have been something like this:

Best Wonka: Gene Wilder (WWatCF)
Best Supporting Cast: CatCF
Best Music: WWatCF
Best Visual Style: CatCF
Best Story: WWatCF

Verdict: Wonka 3-2

And thank God there's The Dom's Lost in Adaptation presentation on both films, which was posted in Channel Awesome's website on May 26, 2015. That one was way better researched, presented, and constructed. It makes Doug's take look too amateurish and done like a subpar high school project.

Right now, I am done with NC. That means I won't be doing countdowns for 2013 and beyond. Ever since Doug Walker brought back NC because his pet project Demo Reel flopped, I felt he hasn't been at the top of his game like he used to be. It's like he only brought it back just for the money and to please the lowest common denominator crowd. I used to like him for what he used to be, despite a couple of mistakes that he has made. But now, I now really despise him for not caring about quality anymore, going by "Nostalgia Critic" in name only, always repeating the same mistakes such as not doing enough research and criticizing plot points that are actually true or intentional, his petty and lazy criticisms, and he's becoming more of a pretentious and snobbish hypocrite and a desperate sellout that is trying to stay relevant. Even his leftover people from Demo Reel aren't funny and are too acceptive of Doug's poor ideas. He has also become nothing but an insult to my intelligence.

Dishonorable Mentions:

*Revenge of the Commercials - It really pales in comparison to Return of the Commercials, as Doug was running out of bright and funny ideas, and he could have just waited a couple of more months to find better material.
*Top 11 NC F***ups - Having a minority opinion (i.e. Banshee and Optimus Prime) is NOT a f***up!
*Top 11 NC F***ups: Part 3 - This is one of the absolute worst Top 11 that Doug ever did. No thought, no effort, and no substance. It's all just minor f***ups and nitpicks. Not mention he overlooked much bigger mistakes than the ones he addressed in the countdown. It's nothing but a big insult to my intelligence. And I'd say this is when NC has officially jumped the shark. Yes, I think he jumped the shark even before Demo Reel was made.

Check out my review of NC:

Added to

Related lists

Top 11 Nostalgia Critic Episodes (2007-2008)
11 item list by Ricky49er
Top 11 Nostalgia Critic Episodes (2012)
15 item list by Ricky49er
Top 11 Nostalgia Critic Episodes (2009)
15 item list by Ricky49er
Top 11 Nostalgia Critic Episodes (2011)
15 item list by Ricky49er
Top 11 Nostalgia Critic Episodes (2010)
11 item list by Ricky49er
120 item list by Agent Kermit D. Fonz
Nostalgia Critic Wishlist
66 item list by AVPGuyver21
6 votes 1 comment

View more top voted lists