Frivolous reasons to watch J-dramas
27 8.5 7.81. Engine (2005)
22 7.5 7.62. Good Luck!! (2003)
31 7.6 83. Pride (2004)
16 7.6 7.74. Change (2008)
27 7.9 8.35. Flower Shop Without Rose (2008)
There are many reasons...
1. I was curious to watch a Katori Shingo's drama. I only had seen him as a singer and a comic, but after "Bara" I started loving him.
2. Yagi Yuki. She's cute, smart, very good in acting, absolutely lovely.
3. It is a story about love. Love between men and women, but above all it tells about the greatest love: between parent and child. Shingo-kun and Yuki-chan are a very good match.
4. Lightness. I thought I'd love this drama after 2 or 3 minutes, when music started and images showed how soft and delicate would be the way the director would tell the story.
5. "Last but not least", the wonderful soundtrack.
36 8.8 8.16. Hero (2001)
40 8 7.57. Mr. Brain (2009)
34 8.3 7.88. Galileo (2007)
37 8.1 7.69. Tôkyô Dogs (2009)
1. Because Sou and Maruo (main characters) are the best mismatched partners ever.
2. Oguri Shun. He's a famous Japanese actor and I never watched a film or a drama with him before this one.
3. It has a fast pace like American stories...
but it also has that typical self-mockery of Japanese dramas.
30 7.5 7.910. Binbo Danshi (2008)
1. It's absolutely the dumbest drama I watched until now.
2. In this days of economic crisis, it might be good to laugh at money problems.
Even though, we all know how exhausting this kind of problems are...
3. It's a story about friendship and generosity. The main character always ends up starving, cold and sleepless to help his friends. This dorama also teaches that the poorer people are the bigger their hearts get.
162 8.6 8.411. Hanazakari no kimitachi e: Ikemen paradaisu (2007)
64 8.2 8.412. My Boss, My Hero (2006)
1. It's damn funny, utterly screwball
2. 'Cos Kazuya is a desperate housewife, even if he doesn't know it.
3. Makky likes to look scary
But realizes that deep down in his heart he's nice and sensitive.
(Oh, and when he acts like a sane person, he's so handsome!)
4. He can also teach you how to think positivetly.
16 9.1 8.113. Tiger & Dragon (2005)
1. No frivolous reason, this dorama is absolutely brilliant, and shows the world of Rakugo a traditional form of Japanese comedy
So the plot is enriched by sharp and funny old stories.
2. It has some beautiful feelings, like love for theater, for making people happy, for family even if not blood related. It explores relationships in friendship and between father and son. It's gently touching.
3. Frivolous reason: Nagase crazier and crazier
and his "Tiger, Tiger, Jirettaigaaa!"
4. Nagase and Okada are two forces perfectly balanced, just like the tiger the dragon they represent.
50 6.6 7.614. Bambino! (2007)
1. The real reason is I wanted to hear Japanese actors speaking Italian. And realize my Japanese pronunciation it's not that bad...
2. To notice every language mistake and wrong information about Italian coockery and culture. I still wonder if they really know what a Baccanale is 0.0
3. Matsujun, even if I didn't want to admitt it
4. The meanness around his character, Ban. Seems like everyone pokes fun on him, his boss, his older collegues and even the younger ones...
4. And my own cynicism, because Ban takes everything too seriously and the more he cried the more I laughed. He's beaten and cries, works and cries, eats and cries, even sleeps and cries... C'mon...
People who voted for this also voted for
More lists from Aira