After the time flashes stopped, Sawyer and his group were stranded in 1974 working with the Dharma Initiative. 3 years had passed when Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid mysteriously arrived. From this point on, they were trying to change the timeline for the better.
Pierre - He was alive in 1977! Wooooooo!
When Ajira 316 approached the Island, Frank managed to land on the smaller Hydra Island but not all of the passengers were there when they landed. This group would all go to visit Jacob under the statue.
When the Oceanic 6 decided to return to the Island, not everyone went with them.
Claire was still MIA at this point!
John Locke - After failing to convince the Oceanic 6 to return to the Island, John decided to take Richard's advice and die. He was ready to hang himself when Ben broke down the door, however this was short-lived because Ben turned on John and strangled him to death.
Charlotte - The constant strain of the time flashes were lethal to Charlotte because she lived on the Island as a child in the 1970s.
Frogurt - During the time flashes, the remaining suvivors were attacked by the Others in the 1950s and after an outburst, Frogurt was struck in the chest with a flaming arrow.
The survivors of a plane crash are forced to live with each other on a remote island, a dangerous new world that poses unique threats of its own.
A note from me.
One of my favourite things about Lost were the various missions and divisions that took place throughout the series. There were times when all the main characters would be divided into certain groups (by choice or not) with a particular goal that they had to achieve. The larger missions would usually take place in the season finale for the first 3 seasons, whereas the last 3 seasons were more about the divisions that split the survivors apart.
I created these lists to monitor the everchanging group dynamics and the loyalties that evolved over the 6 seasons of the show.
Storytelling Device: Mixture of flashforwards, flashbacks and parrallels Original 14 Death: John Locke Main plot:
- Time travel, the Island's erratic jumps through time, and whether it is possible to change the past or not, with the notion of "whatever happened, happened"
- Death, featuring three episodes heavily concerning themes of death and the apparent resurrection of Locke
- Leadership, concerning the Others throughout both timelines, (Widmore and Eloise in 1977; Richard, Ben and Locke in 2007), the powerplay between Jack, Sawyer and the DHARMA members in 1977, and the question of leadership in the pocket of Ajira 316 survivors
- The Oceanic 6's journey back to the Island, following the lead of Eloise Hawking
- DHARMA Initiative ways of life, experiments and other activities on the Island, mainly Horace Goodspeed, Pierre Chang and Stuart Radzinsky.
Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
James "Sawyer Ford
Ana Lucia Cortez
The Man In Black