Added by Joe on 28 Nov 2012 09:22
354 Views 5 Comments

Latest Movie Review

Add header image

Choose file... or enter url:
Sort by: Showing 7 items
Decade: Rating: List Type:
People who added this item 2120 Average listal rating (1396 ratings) 7.5 IMDB Rating 7.7
If you have ever yearned to have lived in another time you should watch this wonderful movie. I would normally not recommend an Owen Wilson movie but this movie changed my opinion. He does a wonderful job of representing the character who falls in love with Paris, and furthermore the people and culture that trancended Paris in the 1920's such as Hemingway,Salvatore Dali, Picasso etc. Each midnight he gets magically transported to this era where he meets and falls in love with Adriana, one of Picasso's ex. mistresses. In doing so he realizes that he was never in love with his present day, obnoxious fiance. A good movie for hopeless yet charming romantics with the added bonus of having Marion Cotillard exude her understated her charming erotic vibes.
Curl up beside a fireplace with your girlfriend or boyfriend, watch and wonder what might have been if you had been around in the glorious Paris of circa 1920.
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 690 Average listal rating (452 ratings) 7.5 IMDB Rating 7.6
The Wave (2008)
The scary message about this movie is that when people say it would never happen to us, it can. It starts with minor things like excluding people for small so called small Infractions. This progressively builds to the most important of things that has us questioning again, how did it happen? Before you know it things are getting out of hand and there an escalation that happens which is beyond anything that any of the participants would have been able to imagine at the start of the project.
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 316 Average listal rating (211 ratings) 6.4 IMDB Rating 6.2
This movie is in the category of being so bad that it's great. It was made in 1975 and stars a young David Carradine. The setting is a dystopian future society where the American fascination for cars gets taken to a ridiculous extreme. We also see Charlton Heston and Sylvester Stallone. (I was going to say when they were young and in-experienced but did they age any better? HaHa.

The premise is a cross-country race where you accumulate points by killing pedestrians with higher pt. levels for killing toddlers at 70 pts. each and the aged at 100 pts. if the person killed is over 75. The cars of course have appendages to make it easier to kill, never mind that they are speeding at 70 - 100 miles per hour. I'm telling you it's a riot for how extremely silly it is and how poorly acted” read more
Watched Wanted Custom
A beautiful little well acted movie about teenagers coming of age when you are not part of the in crowd. This is told from a perspective of a freshman in high school who has no friends and prospects of making any are very dim. He is also recovering from the death of his closest and only friend the year before. There's a bit of a traumatic back story that we don't know too much about as the main character (Charles) gets flashbacks throughout the movie and their emotionally devastating meaning is revealed at the end of the movie.
A must see for anyone that went through high school with the added challenges of not having friends and being lonely.
Due to circumstances I personally had to switch high school 3 times and was a quiet person by nature so I can definitely relate although it was some time ago. Watching a movie like this makes it feel like it was yesterday.
An added perc is there's some real good music throughout the movie.
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1061 Average listal rating (674 ratings) 6 IMDB Rating 6
Domino (2005)
The only good thing that I can say about this movie is that one of my favourite beauties, Keira Knightly, is in it. I thought it had promise as the director was Tony Scott but it disappointed nevertheless. The story is told in small micro-flashbacks but it unfolds in a sluggish, somewhat unbelievable fashion.
Although purported to be a true story about a model who has everything and decides she needs excitement in her life so she decides that she wants to be a bounty hunter. So rather that fighting over who's not going to have that last saltine before the catwalk she wants to hunt down armed hardened criminals who would rather shoot first and ask questions later.
Finally if you hate life cliches there's her first encounter with criminals accompanied by her two partners and they walk into a trap where about 10-15 guys with guns drawn greet them as they enter looking for their quarry. She gets them out of the jam by giving their leader a lap dance, really, I couldn't make this up. :)
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 803 Average listal rating (540 ratings) 5 IMDB Rating 5.2
Legion (2010)
Fairly Cheesy and predictable movie. The best scene with the old lady climbing the walls is in the trailers so it's no surprise.
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 398 Average listal rating (239 ratings) 6.1 IMDB Rating 6.4
Upside Down (2012)
As far as love stories, they don't get any weirder than this. How can an imagination think of 2 worlds , one on top of the other just slightly separated and people upside down to each other on both worlds. Then have 2 people meet and fall in love against all odds and throw in Kirsten Dunst with that cute, eccentric smile and you have a winning formula.
Well worth watching if you like love stories in a completely different context.
Watched Wanted Custom

Spoiler alert. Don't read my reviews if you don't want to know too much about the movie. These reviews are more to capture moods and texture to the movie. They are also meant to tell you a little about myself as applicable if the situation/movie warrants it.

Added to

47 item list by bradley4846
My 2012 movie year in review
79 item list by the giraffe
24 votes 4 comments

View more top voted lists