1. The Ottoman Empire still existed when Warner Bros. was founded.
2. In the span of 63 years, we went from taking flight to landing on the moon.
3. The first pyramids were built while the woolly mammoth was still alive.
4. Cleopatra lived closer to the building of Pizza Hut than the pyramids.
5. There was more time between the Stegosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus Rex than between Tyrannosaurus Rex and you.
6. Oxford University is older than the Aztecs.
7. Everything you see happened in the past, not the present.
8. If you’re over 50, the world population has doubled in your lifetime.
9. More than 6% of all humans who have ever lived are alive today.
10. Some of the world's whales that are alive today were born before Moby-Dick was written.
11. If the history of Earth were compressed to a single year, modern humans would appear on December 31st at about 11:50pm.
12. Harvard University was founded before there was even calculus.
13. France was still executing people by guillotine when Star Wars came out.
14. Every two minutes, we take as many photos as all of humanity took during the 1800s.
On the left is the first photograph ever taken (1826), View from the Window at Le Gras by French inventor Joseph Nicéphore Niépce. On the right is a cat who accidentally took a picture of itself (2013). It’s estimated that in 2018, humans will take 880 billion photos (not including cats). In fact, 10% of all the photos ever taken, were taken in the past 12 months.
15. The jewelry company Tiffany & Co. has been around longer than Italy.
16. There is more processing power in a TI-83 calculator (1996) than in the computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon (1969).
17. Since the first episode of The Simpsons, Fox has ran and cancelled over 300 other TV shows.
18. Almost everything in this 1991 Radio Shack ad exists in a single smartphone.
19. The galaxies we observe are millions of years in the past and could actually be dead.
The Andromeda galaxy is our closest galactic neighbor at 2.5 million light years away. That means that light from Andromeda takes 2.5 million years to reach us, and when it finally does, the light produces a picture of the galaxy that is 2.5 million years out of date. For all we know, many galaxies and stars we observe may be long gone.
20. Will Smith is now older than Uncle Phil was at the beginning of "The Fresh Prince".
Load more items (10 more in this list)
Time can surprise you in ways you can never imagine. You think you know the exact time associated with events, but this list is going to take you by surprise and leave you awestruck.
33 votesFavorite Lists #29 (50 lists)
list by kathy
Published 1 year ago
7 votesThe 45 Greatest Listal's Lists of All Time (45 lists)
list by Kraven
Published 4 months, 3 weeks ago
People who voted for this also voted for
Broadway Cast Soundtracks_2
Watched in 2018
11 Tv shows cancelled after the first episode
Late 1950s/Early 1960s Italian Opera TV Shows
10 Favorite Florence + the Machine Songs
Marillon Cotillard - Che Bellezza
Favorite Songs : Dolores O'Riordan /R.I.P.2018
Pics I Posted ~ 10+ Votes ~ Mathilde Gøhler
Favourite Tv Show Intro Music
More lists from Gallenum
American World War I Propaganda Films
23 Lawgivers U.S. House of Representatives
Watched In 2018
Watched In 2017