"I'll be back"
4271 7.3 8.11. The Terminator (1984)
- I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she's here. Could I see her, please?
- No, you can't see her. She's making a statement.
- Where is she?
- Look, it may take a while. If you want to wait, there's a bench over there.
- [after a pause] I'll be back.
When not allowed not enter a police station, the terminator delivers the catchphrase, and rest is history. It's not really what happens after or his often mocked accent that makes this line iconic; it's that you know something bad will happen soon, and all the small things with which the scene is constructed.
968 6.5 6.52. Commando (1985)
Being taken to airport, talking to his ex-colleague, who has switched sides:
- How much are they paying you, Bennett?
- They offered me a hundred grand. You want to know something? When I found out I could get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing.
- I'll be back, Bennett.
- John... I'll be ready, John.
238 5.2 5.23. Raw Deal (1986)
An undercover police officer sees a woman he wants to talk to, and leaves the criminal he was with for a while:
- I'll be right back.
820 6.1 6.64. The Running Man (1987)
Forced to participate a reality show, where players are hunted down by professional killers. Talking to the show host:
- Killian, I'll be back.
- Only in a rerun.
1668 5.2 5.95. Twins (1988)
Arnold's character, a super human created with the loving aid of science, talking to his "creator":
- If you're lying to me, I'll be back.
1798 7 7.56. Total Recall (1990)
Being taken back to Rekall:
- I'll be back!
1752 5.5 5.97. Kindergarten Cop (1990)
Returning to kindergarten in the end:
- I'm back!
4170 7.7 8.68. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
The terminator to Sarah and John Connor, escaping the Cyberdyne building:
- Stay here, I'll be back.
1282 5.5 69. Last Action Hero (1993)
Spoofed three times.
1) Arnold plays a cop in a film within a film, and is not aware of being a movie character or having a notable career as an action hero, unlike a boy who's sucked into the film:
- Where are you going?
- "I'll be back." Ha! You didn't know I was gonna say that, did you?
- That's what you always say.
- I do?
- Everybody keeps waiting for you to say it. It's like your calling card.
2) The kid overtaking Schwarzenegger:
- "I'll be back." I know, I know.
3) A character who killed Arnold's character's son says this, so that this time Arnold is the one who must react to it:
- I'll be back.
- The hell you will!
1071 4.6 5.110. Jingle All the Way (1996)
Making a promise to her wife, about a toy their kid wants:
- I'll be back with the doll later.
919 5.4 5.811. The 6th Day (2000)
Leaving a store, half-interested:
- I might be back.
2389 5.8 6.412. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
1) About the T-X, the antagonist:
- She'll be back.
2) Emerging from the wreckage of the military helicopter he just crashed into the antechamber of a bunker:
- I'm back!
722 6.5 6.813. The Expendables 2 (2012)
- I'm back!
It was hardly surprising that Arnold would say this exact variation of the line in his first major movie role after the governance of California. Somewhat surprising was, however, that they already spoiled it in the trailer. It's not even a big reveal in the end or anything, it's just in middle of the theatrical trailer.
Also, it's probably going to be more gigantic web of references to everyone's careers than the first one was.
Crews: - You're terminated.
Arnold: - In your dreams.
People who voted for this also voted for