"There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose."
"l believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble and finally allows us to die with pride. Even though sometimes
we have to be steady and give up the thing
we want the most. Even our dreams."
"Sometimes, to do what's right, we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most."
- lt's ten acres. lt's got a windmill. Got a little shack on it, and a chicken run.
- Got rabbits, George?
- l could easily build a few hutches and you could feed 'em alfalfa.
- You're damn right. You're goddamn right l could. But, George, tell about the house.
- Well, we have a little house, and we have a room to ourself. And we have a little, fat, iron stove, and
in the winter we keep a fire going in it.
- And rabbits, George. And that... But l tend 'em. How do l tend them rabbits?
- Well, you go out to the alfalfa field.
You have a sack. You fill up that sack and you bring it
in and you put it in the rabbit cage. You have a few pigeons that fly around the windmill, like they done when l was a kid. And it'd be our home. Nobody could can us. We don't like a guy, we just say ''Get the hell out.''lf a friend come, we'd have an extra bunk. We'd say ''Why don't you spend the night?'' and, by God, he would. We'd have a dog and a couple of cats, but you got to make sure them cats don't get them rabbits. But... you just let them try.
- l'm gonna break them goddamn cats' necks. l smash them cats with a stick. "
"- Guys like us, they got no family. They ain't got nobody who gives a hoot in hell about 'em.
- But not us, George. That's it, George. But not us. Tell about us now.