Added by Nattkrypet on 12 Aug 2017 07:45
1 Views No comments

Book Reviews (1-50)

Add header image

Choose file... or enter url:
Sort by: Showing 9 items
Rating: List Type:
After 300 pages and thousands of descriptions of tournaments and different opposing kings that knights of Arthur has to fight so that they can become friends with their king I gave up because the stories had no momentum and didn't seem to progress. Instead it felt repeating to the boresome. Maybe one day I will finish it because there is no doubt that the Arthur stories are interesting as they have inspired so much, but I doubt I will do it before I arrive very old age and have time to read these books deeply and thoroughly. It is impossible in a family house at least. Sadly, this was a major disappointment to me, but maybe I will try to find an edited version with updated language and faster descriptions instead as this didn't stick with me.
Owned Wanted Read Custom
People who added this item 10 Average listal rating (8 ratings) 8.6 IMDB Rating 0
Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown_II
It is a fast read with an engaging hero, but Brown copycats from old famous conspiracy theories and Tom Egeland (who has written in this genre before him). Pure fun pulp fiction though.
People who added this item 4 Average listal rating (4 ratings) 7 IMDB Rating 0
Airframe - Michael Crichton
Fascinating thriller taken from the airplane manifacture industry. It feels realistic (and was inspired by a true event) and the characters are well-written, but the pay-off is a little anti-climatic.
Owned Wanted Read Custom
People who added this item 9 Average listal rating (5 ratings) 9.6 IMDB Rating 0
Excellent cold war spy thriller. It deliver a chilling story about the Berlin Wall and Le Carre writes it truthfully and believable. With this book Le Carre started his career as the leading writer in this genre and it is no wonder that another legendary writer (Graham Greene) wrote "it is the best spy novel I have ever read".
Owned Wanted Read Custom
People who added this item 16 Average listal rating (10 ratings) 7 IMDB Rating 0
Smilla's Sense of Snow - Peter Høeg
An intriguing Greenland heroine makes this one of the more unique crime mysteries, but Høeg seems to loven describe everything scientifically about snow as if we were to take the master degree in anything related to it - and this drags the story down in both pace and interest. Luckily the longer passages regarding the social differences between the Greenlenders and their old conquering Danes are interesting to read. Still it was a slower read to me and the pace only picks up after 200 pages or so.
People who added this item 3 Average listal rating (2 ratings) 10 IMDB Rating 0
Any serious horror fan can not avoid H.P. Lovecraft's universe. The creator of otherworldly cosmic monsters, insane scientists and eerie dreams. Better is that his stories hold up well and are excellent, even his minor work is pretty interesting - and this book collects everything.
Owned Wanted Read Custom
People who added this item 349 Average listal rating (151 ratings) 7.9 IMDB Rating 0
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
Neil Gaiman rewrote his teleplays for the original miniseries into a book - and it works enormously better for it. Actually his rich "alternate universe" story is among his better developed stories and I like it enormously.
Owned Wanted Read Custom
People who added this item 338 Average listal rating (186 ratings) 7.6 IMDB Rating 0
Carrie - Stephen King
Carrie is still a remarkable debut book. It is extremly well written and without a single dead beat. The leading character is a fantastic misunderstood anti-heroine who takes "justice" in her own hands and would almost go as a superhero/villain today. I like how King splice his story with newspaper cuts and articles to explain plot holes. There is much to love for this and it was a major taste of what was to come.