6455 Views    Share:

Anime Reviews

TV Show list created by Never More Avatar

Add header image

Choose file... or enter url:
Sort by: Showing 1-50 of 86
Decade: Rating: List Type:
This anime takes the cake. It's well known as being similar to Death Note in many ways. I watched this one before Death Note and It's definitely my favourite. It has a great story which will keep you on the edge of your seat and wondering what will happen next. Characters are well designed and though its mostly action based, there is some romance between characters. This show will have you laughing, crying, furious and amazed.

It's a mecha, fantasy, based on a future where control of the planet is split between 3 superpowers. The Holy Britannian Empire, the Chinese Federation and the European Union. The story follows Lelouch Lamperouge, a former prince of the Britannian empire who is exiled with his sister and sent to Japan, where he poses as a genius student. After a series of events, he gains a supernatural power called Geass, which allows him to control the will of any person. Donning a mask, he takes on the name Zero and begins a rebellion against the Britannian empire which will change the entire world forever.

I, love, this, show. I definitely recommend watching the 1st season before the 2nd cause if you start with the 2nd you'll have a very hard time figuring out what the hell is going on. I watched the English dub version before I watched the Japanese version and by now I must have watched it around 20 times. It just never seems to get old for me. I can't think of any faults in this series, it is just too good. I can't understand how anyone couldn't love this show.
_________________________________________

Recommended if you liked Death Note.

Genre: Mecha, action, science fiction, drama

Episodes: 25

I can't rate this show… it's just too good.

Dubbed and Subbed - Dub preferred
Watched Wanted Custom
R2 is the second season and continues on directlyish from the end of the first. As I said in my review of season 1, it's not a good idea to watch this season first cause you'll be extremely confused and won't enjoy it.

This season is just as well written as the first. You will be crying a lot more in this season, but it is still very funny, with some romance, twists, turns, and action. It will also answer many of the questions that were unanswered in the first season and has several huge reveals that you won't see coming.

If you've seen the 1st season and liked it, you will absolutely love the 2nd.

Update (SPOILERS): A new season has been announced, hopefully it will be released later this year. Apparently we will see the return of Lelouch in all his glory (Yes he's alive, bloody knew it), but if they stick with the lore he shouldn't have his Geass so I'm interested to see how that works with the character. Either way you can imagine how his big reveal that he's alive is going to go, I am more than a little excited!

After you finish R2, there's a brilliant abridged version on Youtube called Code MENT by PurpleEyesWTF.
- Here's the link :D

Genre: Mecha, action, science fiction, drama

Episodes: 25

I can't rate this show high enough...
Easily my favourite series.

Dubbed and Subbed - Dub preferred
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 1631 Average listal rating (905 ratings) 8.2 IMDB Rating 9
Death Note (2006)
Death Note.. there aren't words. This anime is easily one of the best ever made. It's got an amazingly intricate story line, great script and great characters. This show will have you on the edge of your seat, laughing, crying and hiding behind the couch. It does also have some romance but its not exactly the focus of the show. It will keep you guessing what will happen next right up to the last episode.

This anime is based on a genius student called Light Yagami who is bored out of his mind and hates the state of the world. One day he happens to acquire the 'Death Note', a note book from the shinigami (god of death) realm, which has the power to kill anyone who's name is written on its pages. Seeing this as an opportunity Light begins using it to kill criminals in an attempt to create a new world without crime and along the way he slowly loses himself. Due to this, the general public nickname the mysterious killer 'Kira', however the police also notice that criminals are being killed. This leads to the mysterious detective, 'L' taking the investigation under his wing. As the show progresses Kira tries to kill L, while L tries to catch him.

Light is probably the scariest character I've ever seen, he's ridiculously clever, ruthless, sadistic, has a god complex and a laugh that will make you shrink away from your computer screen. You will learn to love light as the show progresses. In comparison L is just as clever and an immediately loveable character, he is a little weird but very sweet. He's always crouching instead of sitting due to a belief that the moment his sits properly, his intellect will decrease dramatically. He also has a serious sweet tooth and is constantly eating cakes, chocolates, etc.
_________________________________________

Recommended if you liked Code Geass.

Genre: Psychological, detective, mystery

Episodes: 37

My overall rating - 10/10
You can't die without seeing this anime.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 101 Average listal rating (50 ratings) 6.7 IMDB Rating 7.4
Guilty Crown (2011)
This is an amazing anime. It is beautifully drawn and the characters are developed well. I watched it subbed first, then dubbed and I've gotta say, though I'm a little bias, I prefer the dubbed even though I love both. I preferred the dubbed cause Shu seems more bad ass in English and I think the voice actor was perfect for him.

Set in the near future, during the plague of a virus which decimated the Japanese population and in a effort to contain it, the army kills anyone they think might be infected and in the process becomes corrupt. The main protagonist Shu, is a quiet, awkward student who has the ability to draw out people's voids, the physical form of a persons heart, and use them as weapons or tools. One day he meets Inori, a quiet girl that also happens to be a famous singer. She gets him tangled up with a rebel group called Funeral Parlour, who are bent on destroying the corrupt government organisation and free Japan. As he fights with Funeral Parlour he finds himself trapped behind a wall, which the government has erected to control the virus and the people. As the wall is made smaller each day and the pressure to find a way out grows, the students find out about Shu's power and make him their leader. A series of events lead Shu to losing himself in despair, but with the help of Inori he is able to overcome it, save humanity from the virus and restore Japans independence.

I knew I was going to like this series as soon as I saw it and I wasn't disappointed. This is the prettiest anime I've seen and the soundtrack is amazing, especially the first theme song 'My Dearest' by Supercell.
_________________________________________

Recommended if you liked Code Geass.

Genre: Mecha, adventure, drama and romance

Absolutely loved it.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 45 Average listal rating (21 ratings) 7.4 IMDB Rating 7.3
This easily makes my top 10. It's hilariously funny, has a great story, the characters are well developed, the script is great and it can be very gory in some parts.

Ryner is a lethargic, lazy, student at a military academy who absolutely loves napping the days away. However unknown to most he is also an especially powerful Alpha Stigma. Alpha Stigma's are known and feared by normal people due to their abilities, which lie dormant until the bearers reach the correct physical or emotional conditions and lose control. After an Alpha Stigma is roused they lose their sanity, simply destroy everything and everyone around them indiscriminately, never coming to their senses. Ryner seems to be the only exception to this rule, his sanity returns and he goes back to normal if someone manages to get close enough to close his eyes. One day, accompanied by his partner and friend Ferris who constantly torments him, he is charged by the king of Roland with finding legendary relics, thought to have the ability to help free the world of war and chaos.

Ryner is my 4th favourite anime character, he's very funny, especially when he's with Ferris. He's also a total bad ass when he uses his magic or loses control of himself. I've seen this anime at least 5 times and it still leaves me crying with laughter.

Genre: Fantasy, adventure and action

Too funny

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 146 Average listal rating (81 ratings) 6.1 IMDB Rating 8.1
Tokyo Ghoul (2014)
I haven't had an anime make my top 5 so quickly since Code Geass. I have been meaning to watch this for ages but I kept putting it off to watch other things. Now that I have watched it, I wonder why I ever doubted it. I started it yesterday and I've just caught up on the latest episode, having to wait each week for the next one is going to be exceedingly difficult.

As the name suggests, it's set in Tokyo, where the citizens live in fear of Ghouls. Ghouls mostly have the appearance and behavior of normal humans however they find our food disgusting and can only survive on a healthy diet of human flesh. Some Ghouls refuse to hunt humans however and choose to feed off corpses instead, this grows ever more important to their survival as an organization known as the CCG hunts them down. The story focuses on Keneki, a 19 year old university student who after being attacked by a ghoul wakes up in hospital to discover the ghoul has died and in order to save his life, organs from it have been transferred to him. After recovering Keneki discovers that he is now half ghoul and must consume human flesh to survive, with nowhere else to go, he is taken in by a group of ghouls who live amongst the humans completely unnoticed and they teach him how to manage his new life and use his new abilities.

This is an amazing show, very well written, the art looks amazing and the story is really interesting. I can't wait to for the next season.

Genre: Action, dark fantasy

Incredible

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 332 Average listal rating (172 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 8
Soul Eater (2008)
I absolutely LOVED Soul Eater!! I just finished watching it and I found it close to impossible to stop. It's quite rare for me to watch an anime strait through (especially one more than 25 episodes long) , I tend to watch a few episodes of something, start something else and come back to it. But with this, I was hooked after the first episode. The story is great, characters are awesome, funny and very well developed. The show is hilariously funny but it will also have you crying.

Set in a world where the grim reaper 'Death' is the head of an academy which trains its students to fight evil people or creatures and collect their souls. The story follows 3 pairs of students, each pair containing a human who can become a weapon and the meister who wields it, as they work toward the ultimate goal of collecting 99 evil souls and 1 witches soul. Doing this will allow the human weapon to become a death scythe and Deaths personal weapon. While doing this they must also defend the academy.

There's so many great characters in this show and I love them all pretty equally, but my favourites are Death the Kid and Crona. Death the Kid is Deaths son and is a very powerful meister, however he has an obsession with perfect symmetry. This is his biggest weakness, due to the fact that he can't bring himself to attack or defend against anything with perfect symmetry and even if he's about to be pummelled, he'll just stand, totally in love with the symmetry. However an enemy with no symmetry, he'll see as disgusting and go into a murderous rage. In contrast to Kid, Crona has no self confidence and doesn't know how to deal with anything, but he's really sweet and quite a strong meister.

Genre: Supernatural, action, adventure, comedy

Episodes: 51

Definitely a favourite

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 46 Average listal rating (29 ratings) 7.2 IMDB Rating 7.5
Kaze no Stigma is another of my favourites. The animation is beautiful, it has a great story line and the characters are well developed.

The series is set in modern day Japan where certain people have to ability to use magic. The story follows Kazuma, who is disowned by his family after being unable to use flames to win a duel with his distant relative Ayano. During the 4 years after that incident he becomes a very powerful wind magic user after making a contract with the Spirit King, which allows him to draw power from the spirits and become even stronger. After he gets his power, he gains a reputation for being a demon like wind user who will hurt and victimise anyone to complete his mission. When he's like this his eyes glow red and his wind turns black, earning him the nickname 'The Grim Reaper'. After the 4 years he returns to Japan and reunites with Ayano. After a while he gets rather fond of her and starts becoming a better person. However he is still very unpredictable and when the killer of his first lover, Tsui-Ling, turns up in Japan he completely reverts to his old self.

I must have watched this anime at least 5 times by now and I continue to absolutely love it. Unfortunately it's unlikely that we'll get a second season because the creator, Takahiro Yamato, died after the first season. However I still hope they make another one as a dedication or respect thing.
_________________________________________

Genre: Action, drama, comedy and romance

An awesome anime.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 543 Average listal rating (326 ratings) 7.6 IMDB Rating 8.4
Trigun (1998)
Trigun has a great story with a lot of twists and turns. The characters are really funny and well developed. It's easily one of my favourites, mostly because of Vash's general idiocy.

Vash the Stampede is an outlaw with a $$60,000,000,000 (60 billion double dollar) bounty on his head after being the cause of trouble and mayhem as he travels from town to town. After a while the Bernardelli Insurance Society gets sick of dishing out payments to people every time he turns up in a town. Therefore, to keep an eye on him and try to keep him out of trouble, they send two of their agents, Meryl and Milly, to babysit him. As they get to know him they find that most of the destruction he's accused of causing has simply been because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In reality he is a legendary gunman with a perfect shot but he wouldn't hurt a fly after taking an oath not to kill anyone.

I wasn't sure about this anime when I first heard about it, I kept putting it off thinking I wouldn't like it but I was pleasantly surprised. It is just so funny and although Vash can come off as crazy and stupid, he's really a total bad ass with a complicated past which he hides with his insanely happy and friendly personality. You know s**ts going down when he dons his sunnies.

Genre: Western, action, comedy

Episodes: 26

My overall rating - 9/10
One of the funniest anime's I've seen.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 165 Average listal rating (93 ratings) 7.1 IMDB Rating 9.1
One Punch Man (2015)
One Punch Man has this charm that just makes you love it from the first episode. Between the art style, the way characters interact and the sheer stupidity of it you get hooked immediately.

The story follows Saitama, a relatively plain individual who people constantly underestimate due to his physical appearance. However he also happens to be the strongest hero, with the ability to defeat any foe with one punch. Despite his overwhelming strength he finds himself bored and is always on the look out for a challenging opponent. He eventually meets a cyborg who, to Saitama's dismay, adopts him as his mentor and talks him into joining a government like organisation meant to protect the city.

This anime is hilarious. Saitama is absolutely hilarious in his oblivious approach to everything, from not understanding that destroying a building by accident is a bad thing, to focusing so hard on one insignificant thing that he doesn't notice the world going to hell around him. They way they use the art to make particular moments funnier is brilliant too. Despite being particularly light hearted and silly it does have a decent story line, though there are a few plot holes which make me hope for a second season. I watched it subbed, if they do dub it in English I doubt it will be as good mostly because the voice actor for Saitama just has the character down perfectly, its awesome. I would highly recommend watching it subbed.

Update: They've dubbed it and its actually really good still. It still has that charm and most of the characters are cast well aside from Genos, just don't think the voice suits the character but the actor they got for Saitama nailed it. Still an amazing show subbed or dubbed.

Genre: Action, comedy, superhero

Brilliant

Completed - 27/12/2015
Subbed and dubbed
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 296 Average listal rating (154 ratings) 6.6 IMDB Rating 7.9
Sword Art Online has a great story which will keep you hooked, the dialogue is great and the art is really well done. I knew I would like it as soon as I heard about it.

Set in the year 2022, virtual reality gaming has been developed to the point which all gamers dream of, being able to actually enter a game. Kirito beta tests Sword Art Online and later is one of many to play the game on the day of release. However the log out option has been removed from the game by the creator as an experiment to see if the players can reach the 100th floor of the game. However if their characters die in-game, the virtual reality helmet will fry their brain and they will die in real life.

This is one of the most popular animes out there. I loved it from the first episode, and I've watched it several times.

SAO also has a season 2, which I was a little apprehensive about because I knew that Kirito has a female avatar in the manga. Turns out they actually managed to pull this of in the anime, though it is still a little weird, but it allows for a lot of comedic moments which make it ok.

The abridged version on YouTube is hilarious! It's called SAO Abridged Parody by SWEabridged.
- The link:

Genre: Fantasy, adventure, romance

Episodes: 49

You'll see :)

Dubbed and Subbed - Both good
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 308 Average listal rating (137 ratings) 7.5 IMDB Rating 8.1
Durarara!! (2010)
Just, such an amazing show. It has a great story, the characters are some of the best I've seen in any anime and it's beautifully made.

Mikado Ryūgamine longs for the excitement of city life and moves to Ikebukuro to attend Raira Academy with his childhood friend Masaomi Kida, who has been living there for several years. The two have been chatting online daily and are unaware of how each others lives have changed over the years. Soon after arriving Mikado finds that Ikebukuro is quite a dangerous place, as Masaomi warns him about some of the locals who he is absolutely not to piss of. Shizuo Heiwajima, an extremely violent and crazy strong man, with a habit of throwing vending machines and other various objects at anyone who makes him angry. Izaya Orihara, an information broker with a habit of taunting and getting into fights with Shizuo and one of the main gangs roaming the streets, the mysterious group known as The Dollars. He is also lucky enough to see the Headless Rider or the Black Rider, an urban legend about a being with no head, riding a black bike which has no engine noises or lights. The Black Rider is actually Celty Sturluson, who is an Irish dullahan, working as a courier while she searches for her lost head. The story follows all these people and how their lives cross over and interconnect, which adds to a greater plot which will change their lives forever.

Durarara! is definitely one of my favourites, I've seen it about 4 times now and it just gets more enjoyable every time. It's the sister show of Baccano! due to it being made by the same people and because of heaps of easter eggs for Baccano hidden throughout the show. They even have 2 of the main characters make an appearance in a couple of episodes. Darker than Black is also briefly shown on a poster in the background. My favourite part of this show is the destructive relationship between Izaya and Shizuo. Izaya loves messing with Shizuo as much as he can which usually ends up with him getting vending machines, park benches and traffic signs thrown at him. No matter how many times I see it I'm always doubled over with laughter, which is also why OVA is my absolute favourite episode. I also love Celty cause she's so cool, I'll definitely be cosplaying as her in the future :D
_________________________________________

Recommended if you liked Baccano!

Episodes: 25

Genre: Drama, comedy, action, gang, romance

A must see!

Dubbed & Subbed - Dub preferred
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 11 Average listal rating (8 ratings) 6.1 IMDB Rating 8
Durarara!!x2 (2015)
Season 2 follows pretty much the same storyline as season 1, there are some new characters and all the old favourites are there. Even after 5 years the show hasn't lost that rough, quirky charm. I found this season far more interesting than the first cause it indulged my love for anti-heroes. Mikado snaps a little in this season and shows another side we haven't really seen before but they do it in a way that connects with the intricate social web that the writers have constructed. In addition other characters, such as Celty, have their backstories explored more in depth.
_________________________________________

Genre: Drama, action, comedy, gang, romance

Episodes: 36

Still got it

Completed - March 2016
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 209 Average listal rating (115 ratings) 7.3 IMDB Rating 7.8
Another (2012)
Unbelievable!! I just finished watching this and I'm just so happy I stuck with it to the end. Beautifully drawn and an amazing story. It's quite short with only 12 episodes but for this show its the perfect amount.

In 1988, Koichi Sakakibara begins attending Yomiyama North as a transfer student. He is put in year 9, class 3 where he hears the story of a girl named Misake who was attending the school, in the same class in 1972. She was a popular girl but she died partway through the year, leaving her classmates devastated. The class left her desk empty and behaved as if she was still there, going so far as arranging an extra seat for her for the end of year, class photo. Koichi assumes the rumour is just that until he meets Mei Misaki, a strange, quiet girl, with an eyepatch over her left eye. As the days pass, he notices that the rest of the class don't seem to be aware of her existence and when the class gets caught in a strange phenomena which causes some of the students and their family members to die gruesome deaths, it is up to Koichi and Mei to find a way to stop it.

This is going on the 'One of the best animes ever' list. I wasn't sure at first but I stuck with it and ended up getting thoroughly sucked in. It's really creepy in general, and very gory. The ending just blew my mind. I'm gonna need a couple of days to recover.

Genre: Supernatural, horror and mystery

Creepy and awesome

Completed - 11/11/13
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 164 Average listal rating (92 ratings) 6.7 IMDB Rating 7.7
Lucky Star (2007)
I didn't think I would like this anime when I started it. I decided to give it an honest go after finding out how many people loved and recommended it, but honestly I did judge the book by its cover, so to speak. Man was I wrong..

Lucky Star is a slice of life, comedy. It mainly follows the lives of 4 high school girls as they live their daily lives. The main character is Konata a lazy girl who loves anime, manga and gaming.

I love this show so much, Konata is basically my spirit animal. I've seen this several times now and I own it on DVD. It never gets old, it just gets more charming. This is one of the shows that made me such a huge fan of anime.

Recommended if you like Nichijou or any other slice of life animes.

Genre: Comedy, slice of life

My overall rating - 9/10
One of my most loved animes

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 59 Average listal rating (37 ratings) 7.2 IMDB Rating 8.4
Nichijou (2011)
I was introduced to Nichijou by the anime club I'm a member of at uni and I loved it from the first episode. The characters are really funny and cute, and the story is amazing.

The show follows the lives of 3 girls as they attend a, frankly, absurd school. Where one might see someone suddenly explode, the principal wrestling a deer, a boy riding a goat to school or a robotic girl who was made by an 8 year old scientist. These things don't seem to affect the girls much, despite being totally stunned at times, and they continue to lead more or less normal lives.

I watched Nichijou subbed and, even though the 1st season is dubbed, I'll just stick to the subbed cause I don't think the English version will be able to pull of the characters as well as the Japanese version. The Japanese voice actors do a wonderful job and fit the crazy characters perfectly, making the show that much more amazing. It is very similar to Lucky Star in many ways, mostly the story line, its just more.. explosive. This shows charm and lack of any kind of reason, is capable of making you laugh till you cry. There were some scenes that made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to die.

My favourite character is Yukko, she's really funny and has a habit of overreacting when she gets hurt, is shocked or fed up. When I say overreacting I mean releasing a huge beam of light from her mouth, which leaves several planets with giant holes in them, just because she stabbed her finger with a pen.
_________________________________________

Recommended if you liked Lucky Star.

Genre: Comedy, slice of life, chaos

Episodes: 26

Really funny and cute

Completed - 28/11/13
Watched Wanted Custom
Do not watch this when you are hungry. It's like going to the shop on an empty stomach, it's just a bad idea. Food Wars makes drawing food that immediately makes you hungry an art form. As soon as I finished the first episode I was thinking, "I gotta make fried rice!" and I also picked up some tips on my cooking while watching it. If you do cook while watching it you feel like a freakin' chef, it's great.

Food Wars follows an aspiring chef named Soma Yukihira as he works in his fathers restaurant in the hopes of one day surpassing his father and taking over the restaurant. However when his father announces that he will be closing the restaurant and leaving for a new job cooking in different parts of the world. Soma is sent to an elite culinary school at which only 10% of students who apply actually get accepted. This only broadens his aspirations as he vows to improve his abilities and graduate as the top student.

This show had me enthralled from the first episode. It's never boring, the characters are great, the art style is great and there are some parts that are very funny. It is an all round fantastic anime and I love it to bits.

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Completed - 4/8/16

Delicious
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 289 Average listal rating (132 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 8
Darker than Black is set in Japan, in a world where people live in fear of mysterious people called Contractors. Contractors are devoid of all emotion, they are very rational and only live for themselves. Despite their existence being largely kept a secret, they are best known for the mysterious powers each of them has. Using these powers however comes at a price, which the Contractor is compelled to pay each time the powers are used. The story follows Hei, a Contractor undertaking assassination and espionage missions for his mysterious employer, the Syndicate.

I was still new to anime when I first saw this, I think it might have been the 4th or 5th anime I'd seen and I loved it from the first episode. It's got this classy, smooth air about it which works perfectly with the mysteries of Contracters, the Syndicate and Hei. Hei is awesome. When he's not working, he goes by the name of Li Shunsheng, a Chinese exchange student, by night he is known as The Black Reaper. The thing that always impressed me the most about this character was how easily he could switch between a really nice exchange student, who can eat a ridiculous amount of food, and a frankly terrifying assassin who will do anything to get the job done. Oh, and his coat is bullet proof.

Genre: Action, thriller, drama

My overall rating 8/10
Absolutely adore him... I mean the show!

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 95 Average listal rating (48 ratings) 7.9 IMDB Rating 7.9
This is a really funny show. I mean they couldn’t really go wrong, the main character is Satan himself and he’s happy working at ‘MgRonalds’. The stupidity of this show is amazing and has me laughing every time I watch it.

Feared by the people of Ente Isla, the Demon Lord Satan begins to conquer the lands surrounding his territory. However this attracts the attention of the Hero Emilia who after taking care of his armies, promptly defeats him and forces him to retreat with one of his top generals through a portal, which deposits him in Tokyo. They quickly realize that they are stranded there with the general lack of magic in our world, so he adopts the guise of a human named Sadao Mao and begins working at ‘MgRonalds’ to make ends meet. After a while he decides Ente Isla is just not enough for him and becomes determined to climb the corporate ladder at MgRonalds to become the ruler of Earth. Much to his despair, Emilia has followed him through the gate to keep an eye on him and kill him, should he try to get his powers back.

Satan’s gung-ho attitude to everything and the distain of his friends wondering what the hell he’s doing while they try to fit in with the normality and conventions of human society makes this show one of the funniest I’ve seen. It's brilliant and I highly recommend it.

Genre: Action, comedy, fantasy

Episodes: 13

Recommended if you liked Blue Exorcist.

Absolutely hilarious

Dubbed and Subbed - Both good
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 346 Average listal rating (181 ratings) 7.8 IMDB Rating 8.4
This is season 2 of the series and I actually prefer this season to the first. It's more or less the same as season 1 but the story has been tweaked and made to be quite a bit better. This season actually has more of a story line and Alucard seems to be even more of a bad ass.

The main difference to this series is instead of regular vampires, Hellsing ends up fighting Nazi vampires... yea.

The abridged of this series is one of the most popular on youtube. It's called *TFS* Hellsing Ultimate Abridged by takahata101. Unfortunately he only uploads one episode every halloween, so there are only 4 eps so far, but their totally worth it.

Genre: Action, drama, horror

Episodes: 10

Highly recommended.

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 136 Average listal rating (72 ratings) 7.9 IMDB Rating 8.5
I love this show, it’s a pretty unique idea based on the premise and it’s a great anime if you like antiheroes. It may seem kind of stupid, given that the story is driven by the fact his right arm has a mind of its own but don't let that throw you off, it’s really well done. It’s your typical, ‘boy is a nerd and awkward, then gets superpowers and is suddenly badass’, love it.

The story follows Shinichi Izumi, a 17-year-old student in Tokyo who wakes up one night to find and alien worm trying to burrow into is ear. After a struggle the creature embeds itself in his arm and subsequently takes over it. The parasite cannot survive without being attached to Shinichi's arm and Shinichi can't get rid of the parasite without losing an arm, therefore they agree to live with each other for their mutual benefit. Shinichi later discovers that there are other parasites, which are devouring humans as food and feels compelled to fight them in order to protect the people. This desire is only strengthened when he suffers a tragedy because of the parasites and vows to kill them all. As the story progresses Shinichi notices he is changing both physically and mentally, of course this gives him an edge when fighting other parasites but as the government becomes aware of parasites and takes steps to eradicate them, he finds himself caught in the middle of the two sides.

I’ve watched this show a few times now and I still love it, the characters are great, the script is good and despite not doing well at the box office, it is generally well liked. My only criticism would be that Shinichi could have used a bit more development before changed and became all badass and what not. I think if we had got to know the Shinichi in the first episode better then the vast change in the character would have had a much bigger impact. Plus I liked the pre-parasite Shinichi, he was sweet.

Genre: Science fiction, action, horror

My overall rating - 8/10
Loved it from the first episode

Completed - 6/04/15
Subbed and Dubbed - Sub preferred
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 106 Average listal rating (43 ratings) 6.1 IMDB Rating 8

Genre: Action, Fantasy

Couldn't put it down

Completed - 31/07/2016
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 15 Average listal rating (13 ratings) 6.2 IMDB Rating 7.7
Charlotte (2015)
This anime is an absolute joy. I loved it pretty much immediately and it kept me on my toes as far as the story goes. It's quite short but the ride it takes you on makes it feel much longer but also go super fast.

Yu Otasaka is an attractive, intelligent teenager on the surface however he has a secret. He has a special power which allows him to take over a persons body for 5 seconds and has been using this to cheat on school tests to get to the top of the class. This gets the attention of a group tasked with finding people like him and keeping them out of trouble. This group happens to be the student council of another school and he subsequently gets transferred there so they can keep an eye on him. They immediately rope him into helping them and while finding other people with powers he discovers that his seemingly incomplete ability may be more powerful than he thinks.

It's been a while since I enjoyed an anime this much. The twists and turns in the story kept me glued to the screen. The characters are all very likeable and work well with each other. The story is solid and its very well written also the animation is beautiful. It has a good mix of action while also pulling back and making you really care about the characters. There are parts that are almost Clannad level of devastating, which can be expected because the same people created it as well as Angel Beats. The only criticisms I have without writing any spoilers is that the ending left a lot of unanswered questions about the main character and the plot. Also there are parts where characters speak English and it just sounds.. weird. It's almost like they either got people who don't speak the language at all to do it, which can work if done properly but not in this case, or they didn't invest in good English speaking voice actors. You'll understand when you watch it but it's just bad.

Genre: Supernatural, comedy, drama

Just so good

Completed - 10/05/2016

Recommended if you liked Angel Beats
Watched Wanted Custom
Now, I'm not overly fond of long running animes. My general rule is that, 25 episodes max is a good amount per season for a show, anymore than that and the story gets over extended and boring. Wow was I wrong here. It, is, fantastic.

The show follows brother Edward and Alphonse Elric who, at a very young age, lose their mother to a lingering illness and with their father walking out on them years before, they find themselves completely alone in the world. Devistated and scared they attempt to revive their mother from the dead through use of alchemy. Unknown to them, bringing someone back from the dead is impossible and it backfires on them. The alchemy law of equivalent exchange costs Edward loses his leg and Alphonse loses his entire body. In desperation Edward manages to save his brother by binding his soul to a nearby suit of armor at the cost of one of his arms. After getting prosthetics attached and recovering, the brothers head out to search for the Philosophers Stone, which supposedly allows you to bypass the law of equivalent exchange, in the hopes that it can restore their bodies. To help with searching for the stone Edward joins the State Alchemists, a military section of the government similar to the police, and is given the name of the Fullmetal Alchemist. Along the way they discover a government conspiracy involving the philosophers stone and the homunculi that are attempting to hide it’s true nature.

This show is charming and really funny. The characters are great, well developed, and the story is really good. The antics of Ed and Al as they search for the stone are hilarious. Be warned though this show can be absolutely devastating at times, it’s like they know exactly how to mess with you.

After you've seen this, go watch the abridged series it's called Nullmetal Alchemist by Faulerro. It's brilliant!

Here's the link:

Genre: Action, science, fantasy

Episodes: 64

A must watch

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 335 Average listal rating (145 ratings) 8.1 IMDB Rating 8.4
Baccano! (2007)
Baccano is written by the creators of Durarara

Genre: Black comedy, mystery, crime

Episodes: 16

Recommended if you liked Durarara.

Absolutely amazing

Completed - 7/11/13
Watched Wanted Custom
This anime has a direct line to my funny bone. It had been sitting in the popular section of my usual streaming site for ages and I finally thought, why not. So glad I watched it.

You'd think that having psychic abilities would be a blessing but for Saiki they are a nuisance. He has an assortment of powers including teleportation, mind reading, x-ray vision, and much more. He uses his powers to help him avoid attention by the people around him, hoping to be left alone and live a normal student life. Unfortunately for him, he manages to attract the attention of several of his class mates who consider him their friend, much to his despair.

Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life,

Episodes: 23

Loved it immediately

Completed - 20/12/16
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 15 Average listal rating (14 ratings) 6.9 IMDB Rating 7.9
Ajin (2016)
At first I didn't think I was going to like this anime, mostly because I'm not a fan of the 3d animation used. I found that there was a lot of unnecessary movement considering anime tends to limit the movement as much as possible. However once I had gotten used to it, it was great.

Kei Nagai discovers he is an Ajin when he is hit by a truck and comes back to life. Ajin are immortal demi humans with unusual powers and are considered to be criminals, therefore they are hunted relentlessly by governments and police who then experiment on them for research. Shunned by everyone around him, Kei goes on the run with his friend Kaito.

This was a great anime, there a few plot holes that really annoyed me but in the interest of spoilers I won't go into them. Apart from that and getting used to the 3d animation, this is a well written anime, with a solid story and characters, it is definitely worth watching. It has this suspenseful mystery to it, while also having a lot of action. I'm really looking forward to the next season if they make one.

Update: The second season is just as good.

Genre: Action, adventure, supernatural

Surprisingly good

Completed - 19/4/16
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 105 Average listal rating (52 ratings) 7.3 IMDB Rating 8.1
Noragami (2014)
This is a really funny anime, it has really likable characters and a great story, you find that you care for the characters almost immediately, so I was hooked ridiculously quickly. Beautiful art style, nice dialogue, no filler and very re-watchable.

Yato is a minor and very little known deity with a dream of having his own shine and believers. In pursuit of this dream he does odd jobs around town for a small offering of 5 Yen per wish. While working on finding a missing cat he runs in front of a bus, only to be saved by a human called Hiyori after which she almost dies and gains the ability to leave her body in spirit form. This links their fates as she ‘employs’ Yato to figure out how to fix her body. Along the they also meet Yukine, a lost spirit which he adopts as his Regalia or weapon. Though they have their differences, the group fight and kill off corrupted spirits as Yato chases his dream to become a famous God.

Another anime I really enjoyed. The way the characters interact with each other in particular is my favorite thing about the show. Yato’s stupidity paired with Yukine’s tolerance and Hiyori’s distain makes this a very funny show and it brings the characters closer together. The story is also pretty unique, not something I’ve seen overdone at all. Also the intro music for both seasons rocks!

Genre: Comedy, action, supernatural

Awesome

Completed - 9/12/15
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 26 Average listal rating (15 ratings) 7.8 IMDB Rating 8

Genre: Comedy, action

Episodes: 47

Hooked

Completed Season 1 - 4/12/15
Completed Season 2 - 29/03/17
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 230 Average listal rating (112 ratings) 7.4 IMDB Rating 7.9
Angel Beats! (2010)

Genre: Action, comedy, fantasy, tragedy

My overall rating - 8/10
I haven't met anyone who didn't like this show

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 10 Average listal rating (7 ratings) 6.7 IMDB Rating 7.8
Overlord (2015)
I really enjoyed this show, my only real criticism is that the whole first season could easily have been crammed into 4-5 episodes which would have allowed them to do much more with the story.

Genre: Action, fantasy

Fun to watch

Completed - 11/12/15
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 62 Average listal rating (35 ratings) 7.9 IMDB Rating 8.1
Death Parade (2015)
The idea of going to heaven and hell based on how you lived you're life has been used again and again, but in this anime has a unique take on it. The story is great, characters are interesting and the script is really good.

7000 people die on earth every day. Some young, others old and in many different circumstances. Once they die they must all be judged by their inner darkness and how they lived their lives. These people find themselves in a bar run by an arbiter who is tasked with judging them and based on this they will be reborn or sent into a void of nothingness. When they arrive at the bar, people have no idea that they are dead or who they are. They must play a game which causes certain degrees of pressure, emotion and pain. How they handle the situation decides their fate.

I wasn't too sure about this show when I started it, it seems a little random to begin with but once I got into it, I watched all 12 episodes in an afternoon. The story is very interesting and easy to follow, though there are a lot of unanswered questions and things that need explaining. I'm hoping for a second season because this show is a gem, I love it. I also liked the small cameo of a particular character from a popular anime that we all love to hate. Just hope he doesn't convince them to send him back here.

Genre: Mystery, drama, psychological thriller

Fantastic show

Completed 6/4/15
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 10 Average listal rating (6 ratings) 8.3 IMDB Rating 7.7
Gate (2015)

Genre: Action, military, fantasy, adventure

Really enjoyed it

Completed - 8/05/2016
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 63 Average listal rating (29 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 8.2
This is a great anime. I had started this ages ago and lost interest after the second season but I decided to rewatch it and stick with it to the end, so glad I did.

In the distant future, humanity has completely depleted their supply of fossil fuels and now depends on solar power. Different nations unite to form 3 major groups, the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations, the Advanced European Union and the Human Reform League. They all have access to one of 3 solar panels, which supply them with essentially limitless energy. Due to these panels only benefitting these major powers, the countries who do not have access or depended on fossil fuels are plunged into poverty and wars which last years. From the chaos a new organization known as ‘Celestial Being’ appears, announcing their goal of ending all warfare through armed intervention using gigantic mecha suits called ‘Gundams’.

This show is really good at making you invested in the story and characters. A lot of this show focuses on the corruption of governments and what they will do to stay in power, as well as the losses that people suffer in wars. These losses lead to people seeking revenge and eventually this creates an unending loop of misery. The show mainly focuses on one of the members of Celestial Being, Setsuna F. Seiei and Saji Crossroad who is a regular student, and how this conflict and the actions of Celestial being affects them both. I would highly recommend watching this show, it can be quite the tearjerker while also being very funny and it has a lot of action.

Genre: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Episodes: 50 (2 Seasons)

Completed - 4/03/2017
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 513 Average listal rating (252 ratings) 7.8 IMDB Rating 8.8
Ok, I’m going to be completely honest here, this is a good anime but it is incredibly overhyped. Attack on Titan or Shingeki no Kyojin is a 25 episode, very gory, action, fantasy. The story is great and the characters are awesome.

The anime follows Eren Yaeger, his adopted sister Mikasa and their friend Armin. They live in a world where humanity is under constant threat of being eaten by colossal beings called Titans and on the brink of extinction, humanity built 3 massive walls to keep the Titans out. A sudden attack from the Titans which breaches the outer wall, results in the deaths of hundreds of people, including Eren's mother and he vows revenge upon all Titans. Eren joins the military with Mikasa and Armin and years later during one of his first battles. He discovers he has the ability to transform into a Titan, understandably most of mankind views Eren as a threat, but some see him as a potential weapon against the Titans, and accompanied by his comrades he begins his desperate struggle against the Titans.

This show is morbidly entertaining. I'm really looking forward to the next season. When you get to the last episode, make sure you keep watching after the credits cause they've added a juicy, hint to the next season at the very end. The only issue I had with this show is you can pretty much skip a large chunk in the middle, where nothing really happens and they just keep the suspense ball rolling.

Also the 1st intro song 'Guren no Yumiya' by Linked Horizon is one of the best things ever.. of all time.

This show actually has 2 really good abridged versions on youtube.
The 1st is called *TFS* Attack on Titan Abridged by takahata101.
- Here's the link:

The 2nd is called Abridge on Titan by Abridg'd Comedy.

Genre: Action, fantasy, post-apocalyptic

Very good

Completed - 29/9/13
Subbed and Dubbed - Sub preferred
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 56 Average listal rating (31 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 7.5

_________________________________________

Genre: Romance, comedy, slice of life, school

Fantastic

Completed - 23/08/16
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 35 Average listal rating (23 ratings) 7.8 IMDB Rating 7.7

Genre: Action, comedy, science fantasy

So good!

Completed - 2015
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 78 Average listal rating (50 ratings) 7.4 IMDB Rating 8.1

Genre: Adventure, comedy, fantasy

My overall rating - 8/10
Great story and really funny.

Completed - 25/01/15
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 74 Average listal rating (39 ratings) 7.2 IMDB Rating 7.3
Black Cat (2005)

Genre: Action, adventure

Can't stop rewatching it

Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 156 Average listal rating (65 ratings) 7.4 IMDB Rating 8.1
I loved Spice and Wolf from the first episode. It's about a travelling sales man called Kraft Lawrence who visits a town which worships a goddess of harvest named Holo. Holo, who's normal form is a giant wolf, supposedly was approached by one of the townsfolk and made a deal with them to keep the crops good. However years later she believing they have forsaken her, she hides in the back of Lawrence's cart in her human form. Her human form is that of a young girl however she has a long tail and ears, Lawrence later finds her in the back and agrees to let her travel with him hoping she'll bring him good luck. As they travel together Holo's wisdom helps to increase his profits, although she tends to borrow more money than she helps to earn, and her true nature begins to show, drawing unwanted attention from the church.

I knew I would like this show even before I watched it and I was right. I love the relationship between Holo and Lawrence. Holo tends to be very sarcastic and constantly teases Lawrence, however she really cares about him. Her wisdom and confidence also helps him make a lot of money. Lawrence does like to mess with Holo but he mostly just cares about her, he's also a talented and very experienced salesman. Despite being in her human form, Holo still has funny little wolfie traits, such as constantly grooming her tail.

Genre: Fantasy, romance

Loved it!

Completed - 2/12/13
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 382 Average listal rating (200 ratings) 7.2 IMDB Rating 8.1
Wolf's Rain (2003)
Ok I re-watched this recently and now I absolutely love it. I can't have been paying proper attention the first few times I watched it. I now have the dvds and its one of my favourites.

New rating - 8/10
Definitely worth watching.

Previous Rating:
Wolf's Rain is one of the first anime's I watched back in school and since then I've watched it several times. The story can be a little slow at times, but I love the characters and some of my favourite voice actors (Johnny Yong Bosch and Crispin Freeman) are in it.
_________________________________________

Genre: Adventure, post-apocalyptic, science fantasy, tragedy

Episodes: 30

Overall rating - 6/10
A good anime.

Completed – 2015 (Rewatch)
Watched Wanted Custom
People who added this item 302 Average listal rating (134 ratings) 8 IMDB Rating 8.1
Black Lagoon (2006)
This is a gritty, bad ass, awesome anime. It follows a crew of mercenaries known as the 'Lagoon Company', who will smuggle anything, for anyone as long as the price is right. The team takes on a wide variety of missions, most of which end in violent firefights, combat and all out battles.

This show is a lot of fun to watch, the characters are awesome and it has a pretty interesting story. Mostly I just watched it to see them beat the s**t out of people. Especially Revy.
_________________________________________

Genre: Action, crime drama, black comedy

Episodes: 29

My overall rating - 8/10
A bad ass, awesome anime