Added by johanlefourbe on 14 Dec 2010 11:46
1839 Views 6 Comments

2010 movies - Personal review and Awards -

Add header image

Choose file... or enter url:
Sort by: Showing 22 items
Decade: Rating: List Type:

Best Picture of the year

People who added this item 5896 Average listal rating (3832 ratings) 8.3 IMDB Rating 8.8
Inception (2010)
Notes: I know, it is not a very original choice but what can I do ? It just rocks!!! This movie is the proof that a movie can be a huge blockbuster and entertaining and thoughtful at the same time. A great achievement.

Grand Jury prize

People who added this item 3393 Average listal rating (2165 ratings) 7.3 IMDB Rating 7.7
Notes: For those who don't know, in a festival, the Grand Jury prize honors a great movie which just missed the biggest prize. I expected The Social Network to be good but I didn't expect it to be that great. It's funny to think that when we first heard that Fincher was making a movie about Facebook, many thought it would be a stinker. Guess who was wrong...

Best Male Perfomance

People who added this item 4176 Average listal rating (2713 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 8.1
Notes: This entry is to honor Leonardo DiCaprio for both Shutter Island and Inception. Arguably, his best year with 2 great perfomances. Well done, Leo !

Best Female Perfomance

People who added this item 2531 Average listal rating (1620 ratings) 7.5 IMDB Rating 7.8
Tangled (2010)
Notes: Rapunzel almost got this award but this entry is actually for Carice van Houten in "De gelukkige huisvrouw" (see entry 6). A very good performance.

Best Animated Picture

People who added this item 3658 Average listal rating (2372 ratings) 8 IMDB Rating 8.3
Toy Story 3 (2010)
Notes: Honestly, I liked Toy Story 3 but I don't think it was as good as the first 2 Toy Story or Wall-E or UP . Even though, it managed to be the best animated picture of the year. Well done!

Best Non-English speaking movie

People who added this item 27 Average listal rating (15 ratings) 7.1 IMDB Rating 6.7
Notes: I don't call this section "Best Foreign movie" because being French/Dutch, all the English-speaking movies are actually "Foreign" to me! Anyway, "De gelukkige huisvrouw" was a pretty good movie and a big commercial success in Holland.

Most Fun Picture of the year

People who added this item 3318 Average listal rating (2223 ratings) 7.3 IMDB Rating 7.7
Kick-Ass (2010)
Notes: Kick-Ass is so much fun. Just the title cracks me up! I don't think it is a masterpiece but it still is loads of fun.

Best Sequel

Notes: I really like Oliver Stone and I think he did a pretty good job with this sequel. Even if it is not flawless, the subject remains fascinating.

Biggest disappointment

People who added this item 1792 Average listal rating (1137 ratings) 6.2 IMDB Rating 6.4
Salt (2010)
Notes: I wasn't expecting a masterpiece but after reading Roger Ebert's review (a 4 star review), I was expecting something very good. It wasn't... A completely unbelievable story with some average action scenes. I was expecting something better from Angelina Jolie and Philip Noyce. Too bad...

Worst Picture of the Year

People who added this item 1149 Average listal rating (732 ratings) 4.2 IMDB Rating 4.2
Notes: Honestly, it was not as bad as I expected. It was even better than "Lady in the water". Even though, it was still pretty bad and it is definitely the worst movie I have seen this year.

Add items to section

Other movies I have seen (from best to worst)

This list is not a prediction of the following award season.

It is my review of the 2010 movies I have seen and, for fun, I give some awards to the best (and worst movies) of the year.

Added to

33 item list by mojack
Best Movies of 2010
31 item list by leotak
1 votes 1 comment

View more top voted lists

People who voted for this also voted for

More lists from johanlefourbe

Comments

Posted: 6 years, 12 months ago at Dec 17 8:28
I like the way you presented this list. Well done!
Posted: 6 years, 10 months ago at Jan 29 14:06
Great job. I've been meaning to create my own Academy Award style list sometime before the Oscars and have been catching up on alot of 2010 releases over the last week or so.

I keep thinkin I wanna see 'Salt'. Thanks for reminding me there's far better stuff out there still to be seen!
Posted: 6 years, 10 months ago at Feb 4 4:37
My vote for your good work
Posted: 6 years, 4 months ago at Aug 6 15:41
Great list! I love the way it's organized. I wasn't thrilled with Inception, although I enjoyed the special effects. Maybe part of the problem is that all the hype ruined it for me? I'd never heard of The Happy Housewife -- I'm going to look into it. :-)
Posted: 4 years, 9 months ago at Mar 10 15:28