3... 2... 1... GO!

Posted : 6 years, 4 months ago on 8 February 2012 08:36

Super Smash Bros Brawl continues the game play of the first two games in the series with Nintendo characters new/old and some new faces like Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series and Sonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Each character has its own strengths like Mario is well rounded and Meta Knight is more for speed attacks. In a group brawl mode, up to four players go and smack the heck out of each other. Also you can jump, dash, crouch, drop through, throw, and do evasive more to take advantage of the battlefield. To kill a person, you need to attack to rise its damage percentage. Once it’s up in 100%, you have a greater chance of killing the enemy. You can use items like pokeballs, baseball bats, bombs, and new items like the Dragoon Parts to use against your opponent. New to the battles is the Final Smash. If you destroy the ball before anyone else does. You can unleash your final smash doing great amounts of damage to anyone. Their's also team brawl when you team up with someone against another team. Among with the rules you can change like what items you can do or if it’s time or not. Also there is an special brawl mode that has rules like slow motion, all have bunny hats, or everyone can fall faster. Lastly you can make up tournaments like in Melee among with a rotation mode to switch players so others have a chance to play.

In solo mode, you can take part of Classic mode from the past games. New to this game is the Subspace Emissary an story driving mode where the Ancient Minister begin to send everything to subspace and the remaining fighters have to team up and stop the threat. To train, you go to the training mode to try some of the characters out to find one you like. Finally like in Melee, there are events you can play alone or have a second player with you to test your skills.

New to the game is Wi-Fi battles. After choosing your character, you goes to the training like area while you wait for other players to join in solo or team battles. You can also be a bystander to watch matches while betting coins on who will win. Lastly their used to have mode that they give you a screenshot and video for a day and a new one next day before they got rid of it in 2009.

Finally there is the vault section. You can view trophies, and stickers that you get during the game. You can view screenshots that you take pictures of moments from your brawls. Also new you have the ability to make videos that you can record a match online or offline and you can view them here. Lastly a new mode appears called Masterpieces where you play the selected classics in trail mode like Super Mario Bros and Zelda OoT.

The things I enjoy is that Brawl still have the addicting fun of beating and using your favorite Nintendo characters we all know and love. The controls are very good and I like that you can chose which controllers you can play with like the GameCube one. The idea of Stage Builder is brilliant making your own stages as you want while limited. The music is very good being an amount of memorable tracks. Also I like the masterpiece section that gives people trail games to give people a taste of what the game’s like and maybe convinced people to get it. The online is interesting battling with others around the world and without the lag. It’s a lot of fun for couple rounds.

The things I don’t like or feel they should have more time to work with is the tripping. I guessing they want to give that a try seeing as anyone might trip during a match in real life but in the game. The tripping gets in the way as you’re very focused in defeating the enemy and one move can mess everything up especially in a harder mode which could cause you suicide. May might be odd saying since I talked about it in the thing I like but I feel that they should have did more things to Stage Builder. I think they should get rid of the limits on to build and add more background giving the player more choices and freedom to make something interesting. Lastly the online has a deal of lag, granted some are not but when it's laggy. It makes a match completely unplayable as the match movies very slow never ending until players quit the match.

Overall Brawl is a very good with great gameplay, good controls, very replayable, and a good amount of new features to get anyone interested. While it does have a few flaws, I highly recommend it to fans and gamers.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl review

Posted : 7 years, 10 months ago on 15 August 2010 05:07

This game is pretty much a rip-off of Melee, only Melees better. This game adds new things that are supposed to 1-up Melee, but it ends up just being plain annoying.

Super Smash!

Posted : 9 years, 8 months ago on 16 October 2008 12:35

If you're a longtime Nintendo fan, you will be amazed by the presentation of the story sequences in Brawl's unnecessary, but nevertheless lengthy (eight-plus hours) single-player mode, known as the Subspace Emissary. Colorful full-motion animation sequences tell the story of a ridiculously epic battle between dozens of Mushroom Kingdom characters. It's clear from the opening cinematic that the studio has put a lot of time and thought into crafting the action-packed snippets, which successfully bridge the gap between the traditional platformer challenges comprising the single-player affair. The storyline itself seems almost randomly compiled a pieced together jigsaw puzzle of different factions coming together. Only after you advance halfway through are you likely to grasp the tale's underlying purpose, but at least it looks and sounds great along the way.

Control scheme is genius

Posted : 10 years ago on 4 June 2008 02:13

The control scheme for Super Smash Bros is excellent. You use the A key for a normal attack, B key for special attack. The nunchuk direction controller is used to move and it's direction also changes the type of your attack. It takes about 10 minutes to learn and gives you about 6 different moves. Nothing complicated like pressing half a dozen buttons in sequence. The control scheme has the hallmark of genius - simplicity.

The arenas are awesome, they can be sprawling as well as dynamic. The wealth of characters with varied abilities is also impressive. There is a story mode (in addition to the standard tournament mode) that I'm playing through and it seems to be fun as well. Nintendo never ceases to amaze me with the quality of their releases.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl review

Posted : 10 years, 7 months ago on 18 November 2007 08:23

I can not wait for Super Smash Bros im going to buy this right away as soon as it comes out. I'm not a big Mario fan im more of a Donkey Kong fan. But i can't wait to play as Solid Snake or Sonic the graphics look brilliant so far. This should be the best game on Wii