Kingdom Hearts II Reviews

Kingdom Hearts II

Posted : 5 years, 5 months ago on 30 October 2008 10:13

once again, a superb choise in story, gameplay, and charaters. The story was easily ten times better than the last games's though. Still the same very unique story and game, but with a few twists here and there. Roxas's story was almost the funnest part of the game for me (until you get to fight the organization members). The disney charaters got darker, the enemies tougher, and the Bosses, remarkable. A huge ten out of ten is deserved for this game by far.

Fantastic

Posted : 5 years, 11 months ago on 29 April 2008 08:07

High Quality Graphics
its another square enix game which in this case im a big fan of rpg games.
Its very fun and colorful so hopefully most kids over age 8 might love this game.

(edit)sorry for the bad spelling

Darkness versus Light
Reminds me of
Cloud versus Sephiroth....

Posted : 6 years ago on 21 March 2008 02:02

For a Disney and Final Fantasy fan, this game caters well to both audiences, and brings those fans into each other's worlds in an epic package that make most big-budget films cringe.

The worlds in this game are stunning. The new worlds add so much life and depth to the stages that you can't help but feel like you're walking on a virtual set of the movies.

"Pirates of the Caribbean" was a surprise world, but works with the story it lays out. Same for worlds like "Steamboat Willie", which is utterly charming in presenting itself as a 1920's cartoon, complete with mono sound. And "Tron" is simply the game that you always wanted to come out when the movie first appeared. It captures the essence of that world so well, that I spent a great amount of time just staring at how pretty the world was.

The same could be said for other new worlds, like "Lion King" and "Beauty and the Beast". And even the revisited worlds are by no means rehashes of the original game. New areas, new missions, new story... familiar characters. And the reunions between Sora and the inhabitants of that worlds generate a feeling of sincere familiarity. Long-time players of the series will be pleased.

I did not like the ending, though, expecting to now, after everything was done, start playing normally without any missions, level up until 99 with whoever there was. Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy, Leon, etc.

Posted : 6 years, 4 months ago on 26 November 2007 11:42

Easy to beat, but who can really care when the game series is just so great. I couldn't help but cry at the ending.

Posted : 6 years, 4 months ago on 24 November 2007 01:46

Perhaps if I had played this game without playing the first I may have found it more entertaining. However, KH2 felt too controlled and the worlds too short to fully enjoy. In a way I felt they made this game for a younger audience than KH1 was made for. Honestly, I have tried playing it twice and haven't been able to go through the entire game. I have gotten frustrated by the lack of effort needed to play it. I may perhaps try again, but for now I think I will go back and play the original KH.

Best came yeah man

Posted : 7 years, 2 months ago on 10 February 2007 07:42

As the subjest says , it's brill game you should buy it and play it, Great stuff

Top Notch

Posted : 7 years, 11 months ago on 14 May 2006 01:40

Kingdom Hearts 2 is an excellent sequel. Bringing back the Final Fantasy and Disney concoction that amazingly makes sense. I, not being a super FF fan and never played a FF game, still got a lot out of this game and its 2 predecessors; Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA.

The new combat system is excellent, providing some intense and fast paced action sequences through a “reaction” command. Depending when you press ‘triangle’ will cause our main character Sora to either gain the upper hand with an amazing defensive move, or team up with any party members unleashing huge combo attacks. The new added forms make for some amazing animation sequences, Sora can morph into a more powerful mode allowing him to have unlimited magic or wield 2 Keyblades, giving the ultimate feeling of Power and Invincibility. All forms can be leveled up to allow for more powerful attacks, and some of the skills carry over into his normal form, such as glide, dodge, high jump, and double jump.

The revamped “gummy ship” (which left a lot to be desired in KH1) is nice, something reminiscing of old school top down arcade shooters like; 1942 and the Raiden series. The gummy ship levels seem more like a mini game. They don’t fit in to the story in any way, removing any motivation to finish the “gummy missions” they provide. But none the less, the gummy levels are just a fun little side game.

With the enhanced fighting system, added abilities and forms, boss battles were the ultimate battle. Those despised uber-creatures that can make or break how you feel about a game… too easy and you can get bored. But too hard, you loose the motivation to play again. Though on normal I only ‘died’ a few times (lost all time battles once in the game. but never from loss of health). KH2 found a good middle ground on the difficulty. You did feel the power each boss had, and your heart would be racing even though you had full life, and your heart would almost stop once your health got to 1/4 left, then, just in time Donald comes in with a Potion and heals you. The difficulty on Normal is more of an easy setting for me. So I’m going to play again on the hardest setting for more of a challenge.

Most games loose it once you get to the end. By either not having an ending and leaving you at a “congratulations: the end” text or just some lame wrap up of the plot. KH1, KH:CoM have had superb endings. KH2 doesn’t disappoint. With the about 20-30 minute boss fight and final animation sequence, you feel complete once you’ve finish it. I felt great and was constantly smiling for the 3 days after I bet it. Not to mention the fact that KH2 like KH1 has a secret ending. (Which I have yet to truly achieve on Normal setting) but you can download the secret ending with some searching.

If you own the game already, the secret ending is something to be seen. Like KH1 the secret ending introduces some possible new characters, and hints at a new story line for the confirmed KH3 (which is not in production at this time, but it is said that there will for sure be a KH3 for the PS3 at some undefined point in the future).

I gave this game a full star ranking.