Halo: Combat Evolved review

Posted : 4 years, 8 months ago on 27 January 2014 12:37

The best game on the Xbox! It's got excellent replay value in its single player filled with amazing atmosphere, gameplay, and soundtrack.

Best out of the 3

Posted : 9 years, 9 months ago on 18 January 2009 02:52

I've been through this game many a time, killed countless Covenant, Marines, and other Spartans in deathmatches, and I can honestly say it never really gets old. I've even played Halo 2 and 3 since they've been out, came BACK to the first Halo, and got hooked all over again. The first game is better than the sequels in a few ways, and Halo 2 and 3 have their perks over the origional as well, but mostly in terms of graphics. Sure, dual weilding is cool, boarding vehicles is awesome, using the sword is fun, being able to switch guns with your comrades in arms is nifty, but there's something about the 1st Halo that's somehow more enjoyable. Maybe I liked the level design more, or maybe there's just a lot of memories associated with Halo: Combat Evolved, but for some reason I gave this game a ten, and the others an 8.

Halo: Combat Evolved review

Posted : 10 years, 10 months ago on 5 December 2007 12:03

In all fairness, I have often wondered what sets Halo apart from other console FPS games. Maybe it is the vehicles or something that regular console gamers are not used to seeing (despite the fact that Unreal Tournament does it bigger and better :) ). Or perhaps it's because Microsoft pump so much advertising into it? It certainly isn't the plot which actually sucks across the entire trilogy, so I guess I'm still at a loss to explain its appeal.

One problem I have with playing FPS games on a console is the fact that it takes you ages to scroll the cross hair across the screen to target your enemy, but I notice that Halo seems to rectify this as a problem (maybe by adjusting how much damage you take, or giving you more armour...). This makes it a lot less stressful for an avid PC gamer, considering everything takes twice as long to kill.

The multiplayer is also undoubtedly a highlight. More games need this option of cooperation. I doubt I'd have ever played it without friends to rampage through the storymode with.

I LOVE this game

Posted : 11 years ago on 29 September 2007 02:39

this has got to be the game that got me into loving shooters of any kinds, HUNTERS pewn!!!

i love how theres SO MANY things u can do, from blowing urself up to enjoy watching a banshee crash to playing "Tag" with the hunters

TRULY ONE OF THE GREATEST!

Posted : 12 years ago on 18 October 2006 12:31

Have you played a fps? If you haven't played Halo, then you truly haven't yet.

With different weapons, modes, and an incredible first player mode, Halo has definatly left it's mark on the gameplaying world. Much more realistic than it's sequel, Halo 2, your aimer is not pulled by enemies, thus making it much more skilled to snipe someone. Rockets and Grenades explode realistically, shotguns are all around realistic, and then you can go into covenant weapons, weapons created for the game, and yet still are extremely realistic. The down side of the entire game, the pistol. The pistol is much too powerful, killing someone in three shots if used correctly.
The maps in this game are amazing, some gigantic, some extremely small, some filled with so many teleporters you don't know where anyone, including yourself, is!
The first player mode is a highlight for this game, ranging up to "Legendary", and playable with a friend in two player mode. The characters are given unique characteristics, such as the marines yelling things in fear, and grunts screaming in sheer terror. Also, the enemy is well done also. It ranges from easy laugh-at-able grunts, to the feared hunter.

This game is sheer genius, and belongs next to every X-box. And besides, who doesn't love Master Chief?