All updates

“For me, a new film from Todd Haynes is something of an event. He makes so few, and when he does, they’re always hypnotic, frostily intellectual, and”

3 weeks, 1 day ago

“"There's a lot of secrets in District 9..." District 9, the searing debut feature of South African director Neill Blomkamp, is a summer flick of a ”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“In Free Fall, the director (Stephan Lacant) takes us on a journey with this electrifying German film about police officer, Marc (Hanno Koffler), whose”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“In C.R.A.Z.Y., the director (Jean-Marc Vallée) tell us the story of Zac (Marc-André Grondin), a young gay man dealing with homophobia while growing ”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“In White Bird in a Blizzard, the director (Gregg Araki) tell us the story of Kat Connors (Shailene Woodley), a young woman whose life is turned upside”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“Frenchman Gaël Morel directs this tale of three brothers trying to put the pieces together after the death of their mother. The middle brother, Marc ”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“A strong underlying message makes this sharply well-acted Spanish drama much more interesting than its premise would suggest. Yes, it's the story of a”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“The Normal Heart, Larry Kramer's angry, urgent, hectoring play – first staged in 1985 and only now arriving as a film in an excellent production dir”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“Set in the 1990s, when “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was standard operating procedure in the United States Navy, Burning Blue examines the ramificat”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“Plata Quemada" ("Burnt Money"), a new film by the Argentine director Marcelo Piñeyro, presents a curious mixture of strangeness and déjà vu. It sta”

3 weeks, 2 days ago

“Call me heartless if you will, but by the end of Like Crazy I just wanted these two to hurry up and get over each other. Maybe it’s because I never ”

3 weeks, 3 days ago

“If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw this movie in the movie theater when it was released. Anyway, even though it is definitely not one of the greatest ”

3 weeks, 3 days ago
Danie voted for a review of Heat

“This film is spectacular. For me, Pacino steals the show, I actually see why he gets so much adulation as an actor. De Niro just seems to coast throug”

3 weeks, 4 days ago

“I absolutely adore this movie. Christian Slater at his finest and Patricia Arquette at her very cutest (while also being tough as nails). This is a di”

3 weeks, 4 days ago

“"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in."From the moment that the iconic opening title crawl begins - accompanied by John Williams' exhilarati”

3 weeks, 4 days ago

“It's really difficult to describe how awful this movie is. It's too easy to call it laugh free, lazy, ignorant, etc. But sometimes, the right answers”

3 weeks, 4 days ago

“"Jennie" es una de las contadas muestras que ofrece el cine de perseguir una visión del mundo más próxima a la poesía y a la fantasía que a sus a”

3 weeks, 5 days ago

“At last, I finally saw the damned thing. Seriously, it took me a while to finally get my hands on this flick, at least 5 years, maybe even a whole dec”

3 weeks, 5 days ago

“Claude Chabrol tends to be rather overlooked but he was actually part of the French wave, just like the giants Jean-Luc Godard and Francois Truffaut, ”

3 weeks, 5 days ago

“The everlasting love. There is ambition for a more powerful director that know how to tell the feeling more utopian and moving to the big screen? Prob”

3 weeks, 6 days ago

“"Not one single person noticed I'd been replaced by an evil criminal mastermind?" Despite its shortcomings in terms of pacing and character focus, ”

3 weeks, 6 days ago

“I'm so upset with this movie. The background and hype this film had made me super stoked to see it. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. I guess ”

4 weeks ago

“Yesterday, my daughter was really eager to see a movie and, to my surprise, she chose this one. To be honest, I didn’t know much about the flick an”

4 weeks ago

“As a Cary Grant fan, it’s a little hard to deal with some of the later films in his career. As the 50s and 60s went on his particular brand of debon”

4 weeks ago

“Thoughts before I watched this. 1. To this day I still here this movie mentioned when it comes to revenge flicks. 2. As to why I haven't seen this I'm”

1 month ago
kathy voted for a review of M

“It's not easy to put yourself in historic context. You see how laboriously, in early days of sound, Lang anticipates so much of scientific, psycologic”

1 month ago

“"We determine who we are by what we do."Almost a decade has elapsed since 2007's Hitman entered multiplexes, with Fox having sought to launch another ”

1 month ago

“Many are calling Guardians of the Galaxy "the most risky Marvel film yet," with the word "risky" frequently being replaced with words like "unique," "”