Posted : 3 years, 7 months ago on 12 April 2011 04:07

[Link removed - login to see]">christian louboutin uk

Posted : 4 years, 3 months ago on 29 August 2010 04:58

HP 6 was just hard to read. You knew something bad was gonna happen, but OMG! So sad, so well written.

Posted : 4 years, 7 months ago on 25 April 2010 10:36

One of my favorite of the series. Rowling's ability to draw you in is very present in this novel. Her characters get room to grow in this book.

Posted : 6 years, 5 months ago on 29 June 2008 07:00

This book is my second-favorite of the series. So much more of the past comes out in this book, and when that is combined with the fact that my two most-favorite characters are spotlighted in this book, how can I not love it, even with its flaws?

There are a lot of "why did she do that" moments here, but overall, there is a lot of richness to this story. I wish she'd spread some of this out into the other books a little more. It might have made it easier to swallow at this level.

But for me, this book boils down to two things:
The title character, who I will not specifically name, but who sorely deserved this spotlight long before this book. He is the richest, most detailed character in this story. Unflinchingly so. And I can only wish that JK Rowling could have loved him as much as many of her fans do.
And then there is Draco. I didn't start out as a Draco fan. In fact, I still cheer every time I read the scene in Prisoner when Hermione punches him for making fun of Hagrid. But I also always thought that outside of Harry's little circle (which always included Neville for me, even as an outside part of their circle), Draco was the most interesting kid. That without Draco, this story could not and would not finish well. And this story shows that despite all we'd seen before this book, there is more to him than the spoiled brat that Jo wanted us to see. Even more, it showed that he deserved redemption.

And if they rob him of that in the movie, I will be furious.

The Half-Blood Prince

Posted : 7 years ago on 7 November 2007 03:31

This was one of my favorites out of the entire Harry Potter septet.I liked the dark and mysterious tone throughout, as though everyone was now suspect of being a supporter of You-know-Who! It was thrilling, full of emotion--especially the end--and believable. I found it important that Harry's behavior properly and believably reflect the consequences of Order of the Phoenix, and Jo did a nice job of it.

Too Mundane

Posted : 7 years, 5 months ago on 1 July 2007 10:10

I read the first HP before most of the world even knew about it yet, as I was working in a book store, and have enjoyed the series tremendously. But I found this book a bit tedious. I thought most of it was just a rehash of the old stories. As with happens in many series, the author spent too much time, bringing back references or "guest stars" from the old books, and too little was actually spent on the mystery of this book. And when you know magic is involved, if something bad happens, you are never quite convinced that something magical undo the bad things. So the trustworthiness of this book is really in question. I really think this book should have been shorter and more time spent on the plot in question and not all the sidelines. A disappointment.

great works

Posted : 8 years, 7 months ago on 30 April 2006 12:46

full of fantasy

good book

Posted : 8 years, 7 months ago on 7 April 2006 12:09

very good!

Posted : 8 years, 9 months ago on 3 March 2006 11:38

It gives many insights about the larger picture and how some things were thought to work together, but sadly it destroys much of the originality and takes away many "magic secrets" we could have lived with.

However it's worth reading :-)

Posted : 8 years, 10 months ago on 17 January 2006 07:57

This is a much better book than Order, and you finally start to get a sense of wondering about the bigger picture as new information about Harry's future is reveled.